SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
i have a friend that just ordered d*.
hes a Michigan fan
is Michigan football on an rsn?
can he get that rsn in Maryland?

He may see their games on the Big Ten network, which is national on Directv. I would check the school's website, perhaps there is a schedule there. If he orders the sports pack, he will get all of the rsns, but they are subject to regional blackouts. It may affect his ability to see the games in Maryland. That applies mostly to pro leagues.

I don't remember ever seeing Michigan on Fox Sports Detroit or any other RSN unless you consider the Big Ten Network a RSN. They're pretty much always on either ABC, one of the ESPN Networks, or BTN.

If at home, they are usually on the Big Ten Network. And like others have said, others are ABC and espn/espn2/espnU

While games are subject to blackout, Ive never had an issue of getting a bunch of college games. Both Football and Basketball.

If not on one channel check another, usually it will be available.

Also if he doesnt wanna get the sports pack and only wants Michigan, Big Ten. T Net is included in base package, channel 610. They also have alternate channels for other B10 games.

i checked the website, and there isnt much info on broadcast schedule yet

1st 3 games are on ABC, ESPN and Big 10 respectively. The rest are TBA right now but will be on a national network. Even if Big 10 carries it, he'd be set. The only thing I can see is they on ABC and his local ABC not carrying it.....but I think those are on ESPN2 or an alternate channel too

Honestly I wouldnt get the sports pack...not needed unless he wants to see like a coaches show or something

Looking at last years schedule from another site here was the breakdown
4 on ABC
3 on ESPN
1 on ESPN2
1 on ESPNU
2 on Big 10
1 on NBC

Again the only ones would be ABC games not in his area but they are usually on ESPN2 or an ESPN Alternate channel

Yep all ABC/ESPN Big Ten games are shown nationally either on ABC, one of the ESPNs or the reverse mirror.

Additionally I hear that all reverse mirror games are being made available to providers in HD this year. This is my first year with D* so i'm not sure if they will broadcast them in HD. I never remember E* showing a reverse mirror in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts