RTN on AMC-9(KU) Gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

awh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
It shows a signal level that fluctuates between 75-95 - has been stable prior to today - but the video has been blank all day... it was there yesterday and other NBC transponders on same satellite come in just fine.

Just finished watching Joe Friday bust college student for having a couple of grams of maryjawana. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously, with the Traxis 3500 when I go to RTN it will tell me "no signal," I hit the info button and wait a few seconds and it will pop on.

Yeah, I did a rescan... no joy. Did a power cycle... no joy.

Strange that during the rescan it came up with a couple of SNG uplinks, but it didn't find RTN.

This is on a Coolsat-5000.

Yeah, I did a rescan... no joy. Did a power cycle... no joy.

Strange that during the rescan it came up with a couple of SNG uplinks, but it didn't find RTN.

This is on a Coolsat-5000.

Awh,

Go to the manual scan menu and select that TP and wait. When the signal "pops" in, then press OK to scan.

I am having a similar problem here near Omaha, NE

I can make it work, pull the signal in, if I wait long enough for the receiver to detect it before scanning. My theory is that in AUTO SCAN or BLIND SCAN, the signal has a hard time getting locked in and the receiver advances to the next TP so the channels don't get logged in.

I used the MANUAL SCAN on my CS 5K and just waited for the signal to pop in and then pressed OK to scan, then they were there.

I bet your signals are weak compared to all the other channels that you pull in. Probably around 66-69%?

RADAR

For some reason the Coolsats don't like that TP. All three of my 5k's refuse to scan RTN in...:confused:

oh MAN you guys had me worried for a minute..
my c-band is gonna give birth to a primestar this weekend.. the little nipper is due any day now and he's gonna be targeted at amc9 just for RTN

For some reason the Coolsats don't like that TP. All three of my 5k's refuse to scan RTN in...:confused:

I havent had issues recently now that they jacked up the signal. When it would register 67-68 yeah it would miss on a blind scan but now that its 72 quality it blind scans in right away

my c-band is gonna give birth to a primestar this weekend.. the little nipper is due any day now and he's gonna be targeted at amc9 just for RTN

Congratulations!

Is it supposed to be a Boy or a Girl Primestar? Hope its a boy, otherwise you won't have any place to hang the LNBF! Hee Hee!

RADAR

My 90cm Primestar has been pointed at RTN since the day after they moved to AMC 9 still working great. It was a COLD January day that I swang it to that bird but us satellite nuts will do anything in any weather to receive a signal :D

Something that helped me was to change the transponder to 11740 H 4440. There is an NBC feed that pops up now and again on 11730 H 4342 and when it was up, since the RTN feed is so low powered (I even get some bleedover circular signals sometimes stronger) my Pansat would find it instead and display colour bars. Since I changed it to 11740 I've had no problems, and the signal pops in faster than it did at 11736.

Rarely does it show up on a blind scan, but part of the problem is that I am trying to get it 4 degrees off-centre on a 60e dish (couldn't re-arrange dishes/LNBs to get it on a larger dish without major disruptions/signal loss to other satellites). Best I get it is at 30 on the Pansat, which is viewable, but when it drops much (which it does) then it pixelates if too much below 25.

Got them back!

Well I really can't explain it... but, I deleted all the channels and predefined transponders on that satellite and did a blind scan and both east & west RTN channels popped up... someone else mentioned an NBC feed on a nearby frequency.. . when I lost RTN and their signal level fluctuated between 75-95 there was a SNG feed on 11.728 (or thereabouts) now that one is gone and RTN is back... Coincidence? Probably. But, this was the first time I noticed RTN missing and that other channel active.

BTW... I want to thank everybody for their help... I'm not a real active participant in the forum, but I *know* where to come for help! Thanks again.

Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)