RTN Pittsburgh OTA using VIP722

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I just added an OTA antenna to receive additional local channels that Dish Network does not provide. One channel here in Pittsburgh (RTN) just shows Digital Service within the guide. All other channels have the correct programming information. If anyone else in the Pittsburgh area receives this RTN channel OTA please let me know if the guide data is available.

I have read that performing a check switch sometimes helps to force the programming information, but I haven't tried this yet.

I just added an OTA antenna to receive additional local channels that Dish Network does not provide. One channel here in Pittsburgh (RTN) just shows Digital Service within the guide. All other channels have the correct programming information. If anyone else in the Pittsburgh area receives this RTN channel OTA please let me know if the guide data is available.

I have read that performing a check switch sometimes helps to force the programming information, but I haven't tried this yet.

If you don't get that channel from Dish (either it isn't on Dish or it is on a different bird) you will only see Digital Service in the guide. I have 2 or 3 channels that only show Digital Service. One is on a different bird and the other Dish doesn't provide.

Geoff

This kind of sucks, because in order to record anything on this channel I would need to record multiple hours worth of programming and can't record specific shows.

I also don't know why they couldn't design the receiver to provide OTA programming on TV 2 as well.

It may actually be worth it for me to purchase a seperate HD receiver for OTA and cancel my local programming on Dish Network and save $5.99 a month. The OTA channels look better and there are more than what Dish Network provides.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)