RTN Programming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Looking at the attached RTN programming schedule for the Pittsburgh area I see the following shows that are not on any of the RTN channels on Galaxy10R. Why?

Gomer Pyle
My Three Sons
Petticoat Junction
Family Affair
Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew Mysteries

Attachments

• 14429614.pdf
    15.6 KB · Views: 214
That list seems outdated. Back when I found my first RTN channels, it seems like Gomer Pyle, My Three Sons, Beverly Hillbillies, Brady Bunch and the A Team were all they had.

I don't recall I Love Lucy, Ironside, The Fugitive, Hardy Boys- Nancy Drew, Petticoat Junction, Untouchables or It Takes a Thief at all on RTN.

I think 2 years ago brought Get Smart, Mission Impossible, Perry Mason, Twilight Zone, Hawaii Five-O to the lineup.

I'm still hoping for Adam 12, Emergency, Chips, Dragnet. My son wants Gilligan's Island.

I just did a search on my Sage guide, and Gomer Pyle is on WBLU quite a bit. My Three Sons aired one time in December on WPXS. The other shows didn't get any hits.

Gomer Pyle is on WNGS weekdays at 1:30pm est
My Three Sons did air some time ago, but I have not seen it on G10R for some time now. (I have quite a few episodes recorded from when it did air)
I have not seen Petticoat Junction, Family Affair, or Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew Mysteries on G10R in the past, but maybe in the spring the lineup will change again and they will be added.
This brings up the question, are C band and Ku band channels processed from different locations? The shows on Ku seem to be on most of their channels, do the C band channels have a different lineup.

....I now see that that list is current. The Titan entry is WPXIDT3

Last edited:
This brings up the question, are C band and Ku band channels processed from different locations? The shows on Ku seem to be on most of their channels, do the C band channels have a different lineup.

not that I'm aware of. I think they all are still from Little Rock

The C-Band channels have a couple issues
-some of the channels are also "My Network" stations so they have to squeeze in those 2 hours a night
-some of the shows on RTN may already be on a channel in that market. When WBAY Green Bay was going to add it, they had mentioned that Little House already was on the Fox affiliate there so they couldn't add it. So it seems like the DT channels (subchannels) they have to tweak a little bit.

Thats also why some shows may not be on the KU RTN channels. As I noted above in one of my posts, Cheers is already on the local Independent station. So RTN couldnt have it on a station in Minneapolis if they got a subchannel here (note to Equity...please add an affiliate in Minneapolis) :D

I remember reading, probably from a thread on here somewhere, maybe from the RTN site, where RTN had Contracted for over 250 different shows from the CBS Library to choose from for programming. I would think that each affiliate could pretty much vamp there own package from RTN for those programs? They also get programming from other sources.

Al

RTN is supposed to be added to a local low power CA station, they just flash cut to digital this week. They are sending out a 15Mb 480i stream :)

A 15 megabit SD stream is very impressive indeed! I wonder if they have plans to divide that up... that's higher quality than the highest quality DVD...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)