RTPi-i'm going crazy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nigel_miguel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
OK...I've posted here a few times about this issue, and I'm thinking of just giving up!!!

I'm setting up my dad's receivers
Pansat 1000 & Viewsat Ultra
33 inch dish made by Digiwave with a dual output universal LNBF by Digiwave also

I pointed it at TP 11822 SR 5700 get 75% signal strength, then I switch it 12033 with SR 3003 no signal, nothing!!!! I did skew it and nothing!!!!

I'm really starting to get really pissed off at this, it's bloody cold here in Canada:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Have you got all the settings correct Nigel, like the LO setting in the antenna setup? If you're getting 75% you should be getting something..
It's hard to tweak properly without the tv outside, I know it wouldnt be fun in the cold though.
edit to ask : Have you ran blind scan on the satellite anyway, just to see??

Last edited:
I just checked both on my 3 foot offset dish and Coship 3188C. ABN has signal 71 and quality 69. RTPi has signal 71 and quality 26. So it seems that RTPi would be a harder signal to receive. Signal strength is not the best measure, maximizing quality is better. Your smaller dish size and being in Canada probably doesn't help any.

but i've gotten it before.

I had the tv outside with the pansat 1000

and still it didn't work.

other people (my mother in law), has the same dish 33, with a fortec receiver, and it works perfectly, I think it's missing some bolts to keep it tight so that the AZ doesn't move.

I just don't get it!!! I'm just really pissed, I've been at this for months, back and forth!!! I guess I'm no expert.

11822 should blow the meter (99) so you may be able to get 3ABN but you'll need a little more tweaking for RTPI...try and move the fdish ever so little and see if that helps

What state to you live in ? Some receivers do not work on RTP the S/R 3003 is very low.

Just found it with my Viewsat, I think he mentioned having a VS of some type too-mine has never found it blind-scanning. When I entered the info for the transponder, it took about 10seconds to lock it. These Ultras are just not that sensitive. Im at 33N , with a 1m dish I get 67/75 signal right now.
He prob just needs to manually enter the channel info to get it.

Pansat 1000 always worked before, and the viewsat did work for me before. I just don't know why I can't lock in on the signal on 12033 H 3003.

On 11822 H 5700 I get 75% signal quality no problem.

Pansat 1000 always worked before, and the viewsat did work for me before. I just don't know why I can't lock in on the signal on 12033 H 3003.

On 11822 H 5700 I get 75% signal quality no problem.

As photoman76 mentioned above, check 12060 H 26700, or 11858 H 28138, both are not as strong as 11822. Also adjust your skew (the weaker the transponder, the more accurate it needs to be) using either of the above transponders to peak on. Also, try moving the LNB forward or backwards in the holder (again this can really help the weaker transponders, whereas sometimes it has minimum effect on the stronger transponders).

I'm also going crazy and looking for help

Hello everyone. I am also trying to get RTP. It was previously installed, before the signal moved to 12033 and the person who originally installed it, never came back to fix it.

I am trying to figure it out myself. I have not touched the position of the satellite at all. I have the coolsat 6100 receiver.

My settings are currently:

Under installation - dish setting
Satellite 101.0W Amc4
Frequency 12033 M 3003 H
LNB Power On
LNB Type Single
LNB Frequency 10750
LNB 22khz On
DiseqcSW 2/off/off - Satellite is connected to port 2
Legacy SW Off

I have done a blind channel search and RTP never comes up and for whatever reason, my frequency setting always reverts back to 12120 so I only receive channels on that frequency even though I have tried to save the frequency setting to 12033. I don't know what else to do.

My positioner settings are as follows:
Satellite 101.0W Amc4
Frequency 12033 MHz
Positioner DiSEqc 1.2
Move Stop
Fine Move Stop
Positioner Command Go to Store Position
Dish Setting 10750, 2/4

Greatly looking forward to your replies and assistance.

Thanks.
Nelson

Nelson can you figure out how to enter the channel's info manually-create a channel, then scan for it? Should be an option in the menus to do that. Create Transponder or User Channel, on that satellite, enter freq and sr, then scan. It's the only way mine would find it, because of the lower symbol rate. Once I 'showed it', it did lock on the channel & store it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)