Please reply by conversation.

RtpiFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
AMC4/RTPi 101W

Hi,

I am in Montreal,Quebec,Canada and will be to setuping(aiming it) my dish(1Meter) next fews day if weathers allows it.

I have the azimuth and elevation info for online sat locator tool but would like to know what the exact elevation others in Montreal are using.
These online calculator sat locator tools have not always given me accurate info so hope someone call help me out.

Current info:
Azimuth(Geograhic):216
Elevation:31

Thanks

Tony :)

AMC4/RTPi 101W

Hi,

Thanks for link i have looked them before but info provided differs from some others site really do know who correct at lyngsat it tell's me elevation should be around 41 for montreal but's all best guess anyway

I am setting this up for my folks since they found out Rtpi i was available they being bugging me out about setting it up for them i recently purchased WineGuard 1M Dish with Pansat 2700A for them but being rainning here almost everyday so decide get around aiming it when weather clears.

But started get a little troubled by some much conflicting information from these sat locator tool so decide i would ask and this by far place found to ask at.

My father is big Sporting fan i am not much of soccer fan he still fuming about Benfica's win today but a little happier that Porto won. (Watched it at local Portuguese club in Montreal)

Very nice!

I am a Glasgow Celtic FC. Fan. We won the European Cup in Lisbon in 1967!

A GREAT day for the Green and White Stripes : )

We never did too good today, got beat 3-1 :river :river :river :river

Its only a game :no

I am in Montreal also and only get it on sunny days (tree in the way)
Point at 216 true azimuth or 231 if you are using a compass. elevation should be around 31. Make sure there are no obstacles.

I'm currently looking into getting the same setup you got: WineGuard 1M Dish with Pansat 2700A . Does anyone know if there are teletext services for RTPi on AMC4?

No Teletext in the USA : ( EPG's are not reallyused in FTA satellite in this country!

upchuck said:
I am in Montreal also and only get it on sunny days (tree in the way)
Point at 216 true azimuth or 231 if you are using a compass. elevation should be around 31. Make sure there are no obstacles.

Thanks,

I do not see any obstacles like trees in they way but only tree that's near by is in the garden and can be easily trimmed if needed.
Question 1:What size dish are using by the way.
Question 2:What signal level and quality your getting.

Thanks again,

Tony:

well like I said, I have a silver maple in the way. I was thinking of mounting it on an extended pole on my roof, all I need is two feet to clear the tree, from where it is now. Presently I am getting 50% quality but it drops to 30% when raining and climbs to 70% when the wind blows from the south. I have a 90cm dish, universal LNBF, a standart LNB, DiSEqC switch, HH90 motor and a fortec lifetime ultra. My wife aunt has a set up with 80 cm dish and she has 95% quality on a sunny day.

Need let help?

Okay so i finaly got around aiming 1M Dish towards AMC4 and get 99% quality with avergare 76% signal on most tp's apart from 1-3 that weaker around 29-34
But i have not being able to get tp9 12169(H).

Now spend most of the day on this and was getting pretty annoyed but lack of a quality on that tp9.
tp9 signal is 76-81 but 0% quality.

So decide to try pointing my older 60E starchoice dish towards AMC4 and to y suprise i got singal from tp9 by adjusting skew on it.
I get a signal of 76% and quality of 42-45 at times a bit lower.

What i am doing wrong WineGard 1M dish?

Elvation is 31-32 higher then that resluts in complete signal loss.
My only probelms is with tp9 12169(H) suggetsion are welcome.
My folks have few trees and garden that faces west but starchoice that only few feet away manages to get a signal and from it's location trees should be bigger problem.
I going trim few branches to see if it hlep but this point scratching my head.

Thanks,

Tony

p.s sorry typing it's being frustrating and manage to hurt my right in this little experince.

You seem to be doing everything right, slight adjustment of skew is about all you can do. Remember you can push the LNBF closer or further away from the dish and see if this helps signal quality. Usually the LNBF wants to be as far away from the dish as the holder will let it go but its always worth trying.
RTPi is blasting in here at 82% quality (36" dish and Invacom SNH-031)

The four bolts that hold the dish to the mount should NOT be over tightened, try loosening them and then only tighten them hand tight, then a half turn with a wrench. If you have tightened them too much (as I often did) you pull the reflector way out of shape, give it a try as this can really help with the quality level. The dish will need re-peaked after this adjustment.

Thanks,

You see what annoying that a smaller dish with shorter arm of the lnbf is getting some decent qulity but 1M dish get everything but RTPi i will try as you sugessted will move lnbf futher away from dish and report bakc Sunday when tried it.

Thanks again,

If you rotate the LNBF (in holder) that is your skew setting, keep an eye on the quality when you do it, walk away from the dish for a true reading.

Pete(PSB) thanks again i had consider trying rotating lnbf put was sure if right thing to do.
But now that know will try it out sunday.

I managed to get RTPi on WineGuard 1M dish this morning signal is 73% and Quality 70-74% think be okay i may try to seek peak it little more.
But is worth it?
Should leave as is?
I considering leaving be and only touching if i experince singal/qulity loss.

Thanks to PSB and others for help getting this working my folks are happy so i happy as well.

Thanks,

I could have not done without your help and was getting really annoyed by the lack of signal/quality but skew adjust did trick.

Thanks,

Need help please

Hi guys,
me too i'm trying to get rtpi, i intalled my 1 meter dish with a fortec ultra... i get level of 79 but quality 0.
what needs to be adjusted ?
Thanks

All of the above : ) Are you getting all the other channels on AMC-4 ? This satellite is in the same position as DirecTV (101w) Maybe you can find the satellite using a DirecTV system and LNB then swap the LNB to a KU one and you should be right on the satellite. Try rotating the skew (LNBF) to increase the signal quality. And as above make sure the dish in not tightened up too much (four bolts in middle of dish) or it will warp out of shape.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts