RTV and TUFF

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ITS THE SNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. And the stuff is still on the ground, unusual that we got snow enough to cover the ground, but for it to last this long it is rare. Can't imagine having this kind of weather for long, my driveway is iced over,couldn't move my truck even on level ground!

Turbo,

Calm down , we live with this sh_t 6 months of the year in Michigan.
Just press the gas pedal very slowly so you don't break traction and drive off. EASY.

Snow hahahaha. I just shoved it again, been doing it all my life. Wonder what the southerners would do if they got a blizzard with 26+ inches of snow then sub zero's after that like happens here? 71 below wind chills with 32 below temps. Been there done that. No fun but what you gonna do.

The secret of driving in snow and ice. Go very easy on the gas pedal and Slow down big time. Accidents happen because people think they can do 50 on glare ice. I hit a tree at 16 years old driving like a punk kid on glare ice and totaled my Dad's car. That thought me one hell of a lesson about how to drive in the snow and ice. My Dad thought me another. I'm really lucky I wasn't hurt by the accident.

Last edited:
I had to blow out the driveway twice today. You just learn to live with it like you southerners put up with the heat and humidity. I can put on enough clothes to stay warm, but you can't take off enough to get out of the heat! LOL

Finally getting it at a steady 30 on the Pansat (down 45 from usual), but it takes forever to lock in (well a minute or two!), not going to play around with it trying to get it to lock in faster, will just wait until it goes back to its usual strength and quickness in locking in.

I live about 65 miles north of Chattanooga on the Cumberland Plateau. We get quite a bit of snow here each winter. When I was about 12 years old in 1960, we had two feet of snow and temp was 27 below zero. Didn't see the ground for two months in Jan. and Feb. Sometime about early 90's, we had 25 inches of snow. We have about 8 inches right now. So don't tell this southerner about driving in the snow and ice. Been there, done that. Black ice is a lot worse than snow to drive on and we have that frequently.
I don't have a dish pointed at RTV, but it is coming in strong here OTA out of knoxville and I bet they are receiving it on a dish.

I remember the last time I went to Birmingham AL. I brought 5 inches of snow with me. Some of the guys I was working with had never seen snow before. Was really cool for a northerner to see their reactions. I have a tough time getting these signals. They are hit or miss for me on a good day.

In the 20+ years I have lived 20 miles NE of Corpus Christi,
Tx I have seen it snow twice. First time it melted before it hit the ground. Second time got enough to cover the ground so a calender was made and sold! LOL! Down here we all know any temp below 70 is freezing. It's been in the 40s since Sunday and that is freezing to me.:)

You just learn to live with it like you southerners put up with the heat and humidity. I can put on enough clothes to stay warm, but you can't take off enough to get out of the heat! LOL

This is exactly why I love the Winter, even if it does sometimes get a little too cool for comfort. In New Orleans, we have 8-9 months of heat and humidity, so I've come to appreciate the cold. As for snow, we've had none yet this year, although the temperature is going down into the mid 20s at night this week. Snow is so infrequent here that when it happens, everyone runs out of their homes with cameras! :eek:

45% to 55% on an openbox with the 1.2 meter dish and right at 40% on the 90cm dish.

Looks like my dish didnt like the 2 feet of snow we got the other day!lost RTV and TUFF but AMF color bars coming in strong and AMC9 c also working well.Good thing that im still getting strong RTV sigs on AMC3 c or i would be having rtv withdraw shakes by now.

I appreciate the driving tips, but I know how to drive in snow and ice, lol. But you first have to get the vehicle rolling, that was my problem. No traction with an empty S10 2WD pickup. We got some melting today, and I was able to get out of the yard, finally. (by loading about 300lbs of rocks and concrete blocks in the back ). My driveway is about 300' long and goes uphill a little from my house so it is usually easier to stay icebound than to load rocks and !@ in my truck. We just arent' equipped for such in the deep south, I'll bet there isn't a set of tire chains nor studded tires to be bought anywhere close, even in non-snow event weather here. 50's by Saturday so it should be mostly over with for the paralyzed south.

damn turbo thats a heckuva lot of weight in the back. You wouldnt need chains or studded tires with that little bit of snow. In most states studded tires are illegal (they are here in MN)

I have 2 70# sandbags in the back of my Ranger here in MN...works great. Use to have 3 bags but then my gas mileage went in the crapper ;)

I was accused of bringing the cool weather to Corpus Christi. We were almost to San Antonio before our water tanks thawed out! The funny thing is that it has warmed up at home and is only about 15° cooler here than at home - well for lows anyway. The highs probably up by 30°. Going to Ft Worth area on Sunday. And it is colder there than at home!
POP

I've lost RTV and TUFF tv on AMC 9 83w. Anyone else receiving these channels or are they gone?

Thanks for any info:)

I just checked last night...neither coming in. Did a re blindscan..the signal never showed up. Haven't checked this morning yet. Has it ever come back on for you yet? I can't understand why some ppl are still receiving it and some of us are not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)