RTV and TUFF

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I found that in the past week, my 90cm dish at home is requiring to be bumped East a fraction of a degree to optimize 11735. 11775 drops SQ slightly, but on my prototype receiver it brings 11735 up from a threshold 25% SQ to a solid 50%. I haven't put a spectrum analyzer on it yet to figure out a possible cause.

These chs weren't working at all last night. But i just checked a few moments ago..they are now once again coming in loud and clear. I noticed the quality level seems to have dropped. It's now around 60. It's usually around 90 on my receiver. If this is weather related, the weather around here has been normal all week. No rain or snow or anything. It did snow about 5 inches, but that was last Sunday. The majority of that melted days ago.

In my case I can not include bad weather on my end as possible cause for this problem, I believe the tp is now a lot weaker than before, I have some weak signal in the mornings but nothing the rest of the day and night, will try fine tuning the dish as per SatelliteAV´s comment.

Been lower here too..25-35 here when it's usually been in the 60's..Problems have been when I tune away from the satellite, I lose it, or if I try to use Diseqc I also lose it and it takes awhile to come back..Tried resetting the motor to no avail..doesnt improve anything..72 and 87 are strong..

Equipment:Fortec Dynamic, DG 380 motor and Fortec 36" Dish

The only day I lost their signal here was Monday-the day the snow came in, and later that day when I figure it moved across Chattanooga. But it did come back on and I've been watching Rifleman every morning at 10am on Tufftv without breakups. Ouf of curiosity I just looked and the signal quality was showing 82, so I tried SatAV's trick and bumped the dish east just a little, and the quality jumped back up to 99. Maybe their uplink dish got mis-adjusted with the snowfall or something.

Looks like my dish didnt like the 2 feet of snow we got the other day!lost RTV and TUFF but AMF color bars coming in strong and AMC9 c also working well.Good thing that im still getting strong RTV sigs on AMC3 c or i would be having rtv withdraw shakes by now.

I get nothing here in Toronto now despite the color bars being so strong also and the occasional feed poping up fairly strongly as well. Stan I have a very similar set up (6 ft Fortec motorised + Gospell C/ku LNBF) but despite getting other 14 signals on the C band side of AMC3 I get nothing on both 8PSK RTV TP's no matter how much I click the VBox. I am acctually surprised you get them since next door bird at 89W has a very strong and wide TP's on almost the same frecuencies and since you live in Ct 89W has even stronger signal in your area than mine. I get 52Q on Nasa TV on the Azbox Prem+ (it stays 52 within 6 clicks wide) and 87Q on color bars on 83W. that is next to my true south I think I need to adjust and align the dish again, eh?. I wonder what Q levels you are getting on the AZbox?

I get nothing here in Toronto now despite the color bars being so strong also and the occasional feed poping up fairly strongly as well.

hd fan, I'm only an hour east of you and I am getting RTV and TUFF with a steady picture. I only have a 1m (Winegard) dish with a Invacom LNBF. The colour bars are stronger with RTV and TUFF weaker, but still coming in fine and has been coming in fine all week with the ocassional breakup (but not very often).

Mine is still the same as I posted earlier in the thread, down about 45 in sq (to 30) on the Pansat, doesn't come in right away (can take several minutes to pop in, I just put it on the channel, and walk away). I get bleedover from 82 stronger than RTV/TUFF!

This is really weird!Could be that the recent snow storms here have slightly miss aligned my LNB or dish.Never had a problem with RTV on AMC9 but now cant find it!Seems real strange that some are getting it and others who have had it in the past cant get it now.

If my dish is aligned for Max SQ for the color bars on 11775, RTV does not come in.... Zilch.... Zero.... Nada. Bump the dish East and Bang, 52% SQ this evening.

Things certainly changed recently!

I have not lost lock on RTV or Tuff TV since this discussion began.

I do observe that my signal quality has dropped off quite a bit, however. On my AZBox, it is reading 54%Q. It is normally in the upper 70% or lower 80% region. 83% is about normal.

I would like to call everyone's attention to one thing that I have observed. I am just curious if it is my memory playing tricks on me or if there is really something to this... Does it seem that there is a pattern here? In mid winter months, especially January, do we seem to be repeating this same discussion over and over again? Is it merely because we are all stuck inside and paying closer attention to the signal or is there actually something happening at this time of year that we are not entirely aware of?

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)