RTV Program Changes Start Tomorrow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

richyriles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
NY
According to Titan TV, The Saint, Route 66, New Zorro, and Da Vinci's Inquest, are to start airing tomorrow during Prime Time. RTV announced nothing at all, but it looks like Bachelor Father, Emergency, and Magnum are gone. All the RTV affiliates seems to have a different lineups starting tomorrow. Also, anyone notice the Letter Boxing of the Wild Wild West on METV yesterday? It looked really bad. I don't know what they are thinking over there, but that station gets worse everyday. I wonder if the simulcast on Me2 is also letter boxing???

Richard

Never watch ME on the weekends, nothing on there I care much about.Ditto for RTV, seems like both are doing all the wrong things, in my opinion.

will have to check because as you say RTV does not mention those changes in programming.
The Ku National Feed and the WGRZ Buffalo OTA are both still playing the old lineup. Could it be that Titan started listing the July lineup by mistake? Changes in programming usually occur at the quarters so hopefully the new shows will start with Q3 (July).

It looks like Titan's listing was incorrect. I always go to Titan to get the episodes titles for the RTV airings, as RTV never supplies the episode info on their website. Titan listed the changes as of today, but as we can see, it's the same old line-up.

Richard

exactly Conky

There is a show I watch locally and once in a while they have "classics" of the show (they tape 4 shows and on months with 5 Saturdays they have a rerun)
This past weeks "classic" was from 11/1/10 :eek:

I know they dont have a lot of older shows but damn...show them from 03 like they did in March

Last edited:
Two program guides are now showing the new lineup is starting on Monday. No new schedules posted on the RTV website yet. Big disappointment in the lineup. Fewer and fewer shows that interest me. In my opinion, their programming was a lot better before the switch from RTN to RTV. Looks as if their competitors have been picking up all the classics they once played...
Just remember, RTN once played
Little House on the Prairie
Gomer Pyle
My Three Sons
Gunsmoke
Streets of SanFrancisco
Get Smart
Hogan's Heroes
Mork and Mindy
McCloud
McMillian and Wife
Virginian
and not to forget, the old commercials.

I do like get smart and hogans heroes but i can see then now on MeTv!maybe this is a way RTV is competeing with MeTV.For the others listed a few of them i will watch.

With RTV losing so many affiliates to MeTV and Antenna TV I believe Luken Communications might be struggling financially and RTV2 and PB&J might never air.

You're darn right, RTV's new schedule is surely a step back, as it looks like they have made a clean sweep of 90% of their shows. Their NBC/Universal deal ends Sunday. All that remain are I Spy, Robin Hood, Rifleman, Cosby, Cold Case Files, and Peter Gunn. There are surely some interesting new shows, but they have deleted some great stuff. What is also painful is that all the affiliates seem to have essentially the same lineup, without the variations we had before. Stations like WHBF, and WPVN, which deviated from the National Feed, are now strictly adhering to the National Feed. Former affiliate WPXI had a great lineup for sitcoms, but they are now METV. Also, the new RTV schedule has precious few shows that are funny. This RTV lineup will do for a while, but if they don't add more shows, especially funny shows, we will get tired of this lineup really fast. I spoke to a programmer on one of the affiliate yesterday, and they are seriously considering switching to METV. Let's hope Luken delivers on their new stations, but I have a feeling it won't happen too fast. I also wonder if they have the half hour Naked City episodes from the first year, or only the hour episodes from 1960-1963.

Richyriles

In my opinion, their programming was a lot better before the switch from RTN to RTV. Looks as if their competitors have been picking up all the classics they once played...
couple thoughts on this

When it was RTN (and owned by Equity) they only had about 15 channels to worry about programming. They really didnt care if another channel had the rights to a program (say Little House). When Luken took over and stations wanted to take RTV in markets like as example Detroit and Green Bay where other stations already had rights to those programs Luken had to fill time with other programs. Maybe Luken figures to streamline most of the stations so they dont need 50 different feeds where in some cases only one program is different (unless all of these S2 feeds have different commercials outside of the top of the hour ID)

as for their competitors, MeTV already had their batch of programs. So they are set

as for program rights.....if you held the rights for the programs Larry you listed, who would you take them to?
Tribune (owner of Antenna TV)...company owns networks in 13 of the top 22 TV markets (and all of the top 5) or
Luken who owns a couple low powered stations that are off the air

Dont get me wrong...I'd like to see the little guy succeed. But Other than RTV, Tuff TV and My Family...what else does Luken have?

There is still overlap between RTV, and MeTv, as Naked City, and Route 66 I believe are on ME2 on weekends. MY hope is RTV has some good shows planned for their new stations, and if they don't happen, hopefully they will emerge on RTV or the affiliates. I don't think the choice of shows have been reduced out of design. Right now, it seems, there is nothing at all on the affiliates that is not on the national feed, and that is sad. Some of the affiliates really differed from the National Feed. Stuff like Munsters, Addams Family, Run For Your Life, O'Hara, McHales Navy, Ironside, Bold Ones, Hammer, Switch, McCloud, Banacek, Delvecchio, were not on the national Feed the last 2 quarters, some were never on the National Feed. I have a chain of 4 Cool Sat 8000's looped to get the affiliates. I don't need them now.

Richyriles

I just saw an advertising on RTV talking about the new programming schedule. Some of the shows are Route 66, Starsky & Hutch and many others.

From what i read earlier it seems that RTV did not own the rights to broadcast all its Universal shows but leased them and the contract is about to end.I like some of the new shows but will miss many of the ones from universal.Oh well!!! these new shows may grow on me or i will be watching more Me TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts