RTV Program Changes Start Tomorrow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There are still plenty of old shows that RTV could be airing that MeTV and Antenna TV don't have such as:
Ghost and Mrs Muir
The New Dick Van Dyke Show
Ozzie & Harriet
Grace Under Fire
Silver Spoons
Facts of Life
Different Strokes
Eight is Enough
Apples Way
Nanny and the Professor
Archie Bunkers Place
Jeffersons
Baretta
Jake and the Fatman
Perfect Strangers
Mama's Family
Life of Riley

Etc...

Get on the ball RTV.

RTN now RTV has been working on a shoestring budget for years. Equity fell and Luken don't seem to be doing much better. Antenna/WGN/Tribune and Me/Weigel has the bucks to outspend Luken. RTV is loosing affiliates all over the nation to the other two. That's why I think it may end up as a no win situation for Luken. :(

I mentioned that earlier this week
as for program rights.....if you held the rights for the programs Larry you listed, who would you take them to?
Tribune (owner of Antenna TV)...company owns networks in 13 of the top 22 TV markets (and all of the top 5) or
Luken who owns a couple low powered stations that are off the air

Dont get me wrong...I'd like to see the little guy succeed. But Other than RTV, Tuff TV and My Family...what else does Luken have?

at least they're showing NEW shows. As great as they are,how many times can a person watch the same episodes of Leave it to Beaver or Kojak? Just because you don't like a show doesn't mean someone else might really want to see it. There is most likely a reason we're not privy to as to why all the Universal shows were axed. It can't be a coincidence. Maybe they want double the money or something. Not everybody has a Cband dish for MeTV or Antenna either

There are still plenty of old shows that RTV could be airing that MeTV and Antenna TV don't have such as:
Ghost and Mrs Muir
The New Dick Van Dyke Show
Ozzie & Harriet
Grace Under Fire
Silver Spoons
Facts of Life
Different Strokes
Eight is Enough
Apples Way
Nanny and the Professor
Archie Bunkers Place
Jeffersons
Baretta
Jake and the Fatman
Perfect Strangers
Mama's Family
Life of Riley

Etc...

Get on the ball RTV.

More:
Here's Lucy
Mayberry RFD
Doris Day Show
Mothers-In-Laws
Webster
Green Acres
Please Don't Eat the Daisies
Make Room for Daddy
Medical Center
Munsters
Addams Family
Chips
Julia
Love American Style
Alice
Chico and the Man
Courtship of Eddie's Father
My Favorite Martian
Phillis
Rhoda
One Day at a Time
Ozzie's Girls
Mork & Mindy
Room 222
Sandy Duncan Show
Welcome Back Kotter
Fish
WKRP In Cincinnati
Hello Larry
C.P.O. Sharkey
Donna Reed Show
F-Troop
Farmer's Daughter
Gilligan's Island
Hazel
Mr. Ed
My Mother the Car
Patty Duke Show
Etc...

With all these retro shows available RTV could have multiple channels.

Will have to wait and see what happens on Monday when Highway to Heaven comes to the lineup. My guess is one of the Daniel Boone time slots will be replaced with Highway to Heaven. RTV has announced it coming on Monday, but did not state the time slot.

RTV has announced that Highway to Heaven will air 6:00 PM Eastern Time Mon-Fri starting next week. (Time may vary by station)

You'd be surprised. I've seen all the Leave it to Beaver episodes at least 5 times each. I'm probably the only one who could do that though ;)

at least they're showing NEW shows. As great as they are,how many times can a person watch the same episodes of Leave it to Beaver or Kojak? Just because you don't like a show doesn't mean someone else might really want to see it. There is most likely a reason we're not privy to as to why all the Universal shows were axed. It can't be a coincidence. Maybe they want double the money or something. Not everybody has a Cband dish for MeTV or Antenna either

Popcorn: Are a lot of those old show even still available to be purchased to broadcast? Some you listed are on Me Too (local), This and Antenna.

Looks like ME-TV is starting to use thier other channel. The one labled ME-TV2. From time to time it has the same programming and other times it has some of the other shows only on at different times. In fact I saw some of the weekend shows on during the week like Branded and Will Sonnett.

billy
Yeah they are using that 2nd feed for areas of the country that have syndex issues with MeTV and another station in the market holding the rights to a particular show. So MeTV has to show something else. The big example is I love Lucy. In California KDOC has MeTV but since KTTV (Fox) has the rights to "I love Lucy" since the 50's MeTV shows "The Lucy Show" instead.

You'll see that from time to time...especially in the weekday afternoons. In the big "MeTV going national" thread I made mention of some of the differences
http://www.satelliteguys.us/234939-me-tv-chicago-going-national-8.html#post2564131

billy
Yeah they are using that 2nd feed for areas of the country that have syndex issues with MeTV and another station in the market holding the rights to a particular show. So MeTV has to show something else. The big example is I love Lucy. In California KDOC has MeTV but since KTTV (Fox) has the rights to "I love Lucy" since the 50's MeTV shows "The Lucy Show" instead.

You'll see that from time to time...especially in the weekday afternoons. In the big "MeTV going national" thread I made mention of some of the differences
http://www.satelliteguys.us/234939-me-tv-chicago-going-national-8.html#post2564131
Thank Ice. Looks like RTV is not doing so good and ME-TV is kicking butt. Is Wolfman Mac still on the RTV stations?

Well I was doing some satellite surfing and made a cool discovery. On Anik F-3 at 118 west, I found that on KDEV-tv 3919/18847 H is none other than ME-TV. Looks as is they added it there in Aurora CO.

Well I was doing some satellite surfing and made a cool discovery. On Anik F-3 at 118 west, I found that on KDEV-tv 3919/18847 H is none other than ME-TV. Looks as is they added it there in Aurora CO.
Wow...As I was checking the website of one of my locals it shows ME-TV coming soon. That would be WQWQ out of Paducah KY which is on the sub carrier of one of the stations that not only is on my locals but I happen to work for them doing voice-overs, KFVS a raycom station. RTV is also on one of my locals WPSD. ME is really on the move.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)