RTV Program Changes Start Tomorrow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Stanley, Please tell me where you read this stuff about RTV leasing instead of owning their shows. I'm always looking for a reliable source for classic TV info.

Richyriles

The RTV website
RTV Shows
no longer lists ANY shows in their list. It is now just an empty page. Some of the graphics on their website have now been changed. Any images of the older shows have now dissappeared. There is a background image of Starky & Hutch on one page now. No new program listings from them yet, they still have the old lineups posted. Also, still no link to their facebook page.

Looks like my daytime/weekday viewing will change. Maybe I'll get more done. I'm happy to see Airwolf, Knight Rider and A-Team are gone, but I was a pretty regular watcher of Rockford, Dragnet, Magnum P.I. and the Hulk which are now gone.

Also sad to see Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica are gone on the weekends, but I didn't watch them too much.

The Saint and Peter Gunn are ok. 2 hours of Daniel Boone?! Gag.

I'm glad I Spy is still on.

Stanley, Please tell me where you read this stuff about RTV leasing instead of owning their shows. I'm always looking for a reliable source for classic TV info.

Richyriles
I could of swear that i read recently here or maybe somewhere else online that RTV's contract with Universal ends as of july1 and thats why the shows wont be aired! Can someone here confirm if this is a true statement!Im trying to find out now where i read about this.

I wish (in one hand) that it would be possible to purchase complete series of old TV shows on DVD so we wouldn't be stuck at the mercy of greedy corporations.
I know you can buy ~some~ old TV shows on DVD but many, are not available.

One of my very, very favorite shows ever, "Grace Under Fire" went off the air years ago and it is not for sale anywhere. :(
I really, really miss that show a lot... :cry:

I found this on a popular Radio/Tv forum that i visit ocasionally!

looks like wmfp lost the universal library does anyone care or watch rtv anymore???
The changes were across the whole RTV network. They didn't "lost" the Universal libary, the rights expired and the opted not to renew.
The new line-up is a mixed bag. Why they picked up some of that Canadian stuff is beyond me - perhaps a barter deal or something.
The Sony shows are a nice surprise - Naked City,Route 66,Starsky & Hutch and Police Story. Movin' On is a nice surprise - a true cult show of the 1970's!

Looks like my daytime/weekday viewing will change. Maybe I'll get more done. I'm happy to see Airwolf, Knight Rider and A-Team are gone, but I was a pretty regular watcher of Rockford, Dragnet, Magnum P.I. and the Hulk which are now gone.

Also sad to see Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica are gone on the weekends, but I didn't watch them too much.

The Saint and Peter Gunn are ok. 2 hours of Daniel Boone?! Gag.

I'm glad I Spy is still on.

They got rid of the only shows I was watching RTV for. Guess its MeTV full time now...

Fortunately, I have these on DVD anyway.

The new schedules are now posted on the RTV web site. Please note the WGRZ schedule is listed as 2nd quarter, but is actually the 3rd quarter schedule. The schedules are dated with todays date.
Also, there may still be some changes as Highway to Heaven is to join the lineup on Monday.

New RTV National Schedule with Dual Time Zones for Pacific and Eastern

For those who are interested in the RTV National Schedule with Dual Time Zones for Pacific and Eastern,.. I have updated the Schedule.

Please Enjoy
Cisco-kid :)

Attachments

• RTV-National-Dual-Time-Zones.pdf
    631.3 KB · Views: 393
They got rid of the only shows I was watching RTV for. Guess its MeTV full time now...

Fortunately, I have these on DVD anyway.

I hate to say it, but I am in total agreement Tron.

Shortly my FTA TV viewing is going to be trimmed down to nothing, so I am going to have to find something else to watch on whatever I can get OTA or whatever is available where I end up. Probably furnished cable. :yikes:

The dish I had pointed at 83, I took it down for a few days while I work on my folks project. So far, I haven't even noticed the loss. The new line up has nothing I'm interested in.
There are a few shows I have never seen before and I'll eventually check them out to see if I might like them but it's a low priority for now.

I hate to say this but RTV doesn't get me all giggled up like it did when I first discovered it.

MeTV, does. Between MeTV and thisTV, I can survive this black hole that RTV has become.. Sigh......

In defense of Daniel Boone, haha, you gotta become a fan now-he's on 5 times a day! Tuff TV at 2&9PM (same ep repeated at 9p )
3pm on World Harvest TV, and now, 2 more eps at 5, 6pm on the new RTV schedule. And, they are not cutting out 5min of each episode like MeTV does, with their shows, for more commercials.

no BSG first series, no knightrider, no hulk, no buck rodgers, barely even a point in watching it anymore (staurday morning toons being the exception)

I looked at RTV's schedule it is nothing like it once was. I don't interest me either. I have a sneaking hunch RTV is on its way out. It's a shame because years ago they were great back on G-10/G-18. Me and Antenna bought up all the shows.

tvropro said:
I looked at RTV's schedule it is nothing like it once was. I don't interest me either. I have a sneaking hunch RTV is on its way out. It's a shame because years ago they were great back on G-10/G-18. Me and Antenna bought up all the shows.

I really hope you're wrong. I would hate to see them go under too like so many others. :(

Let's just hope they fix things up soon. :)

Posted from my JB'd iPhone 3GS using the SatelliteGuys app

RTN now RTV has been working on a shoestring budget for years. Equity fell and Luken don't seem to be doing much better. Antenna/WGN/Tribune and Me/Weigel has the bucks to outspend Luken. RTV is loosing affiliates all over the nation to the other two. That's why I think it may end up as a no win situation for Luken. :(

In defense of Daniel Boone, haha, you gotta become a fan now-he's on 5 times a day!

Will have to wait and see what happens on Monday when Highway to Heaven comes to the lineup. My guess is one of the Daniel Boone time slots will be replaced with Highway to Heaven. RTV has announced it coming on Monday, but did not state the time slot.

Last edited:
I gave it a couple of days and sadly I haven't found anything to keep my interest with the new shows. I thought I would like the "Saint" but couldn't get into it. I noticed for the first time that "Unreliable Sources" on TUFF TV is now "Closing Remarks". I haven't watched it lately and I'm not sure when the change happened but seemed to be live.

I noticed little variation now in the C band RTV affiliate channels. Most air the same program at the same time. I will miss "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" and "McHale's Navy" week nights.

For now Me TV and Antenna TV will suit my retro needs. Even Antenna TV changed it's programming schedule this week. Maybe now I can finally start to watch all my recordings. I still have "Mission Impossible" and the Irwin Allen programs I recorded from ALTV. "Star Trek" enhanced original episodes from KWBM when it was MY31 on G18 a few years ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts