Rumor Alert for 2015 Price Changes (Now CONFIRMED)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
$5 per year is extreme in my opinion. That adds up after 3 or 4 years. An increase of at least a dollar or two each year is pretty much expected anymore by most. If we get a $5 price increase one year then there shouldn't be one the next. Dish done that one year (not raising programming fees after a $5 increase previous year) but raised the hardware fees instead. If the packages are twice the price then I guess an increase of twice the amount applies to allow for inflation?

the year dish did a 5 buck increase then no increase the next year they did a $5 increase again the next year. So it was $5, 0 then $5 in 3 years. During the same time Directv did a 2 or 3 buck increase each year

We were already talking about cutting the cord prior to these increases. So now we have 3 DVRs and a grandfathered package, so we'll see around a $6-7 increase. Great. My contract is up in September but I think we may eat the ETF and move on. I told my wife if we missed it that bad we could just sign up as a new Dish customer. This is making the decision easier tho.

Yep, with premier and 3 box fees my rate is like $171/month.Luckily they gave me $30 off for 6 months recently.

With HBO offering a standalone service next year and the ability to get WatchESPN elsewhere, Directv may be going away next fall when my contract is up. Or I may just dump it when HBO launches and pay the fee. I'm not going back to Dish, I'm over the provider swap for rebates.

I just noticed my zip in Tx. is now going to have a 2.14 RSN fee. I guess because they added the ROOT Houston channel that has the Rockets games blacked out in my area. At least I won't suffer any EI blackouts this year when the Astros are playing a team that I want to see.

I noticed that my regional sport fee would increase by 50% from $1.82 to $3.63.

Right now I've got D* on suspend and am using E*, got to figure out which to pay the ETF for and get rid of one all together.

do I understand this correctly, I get SEC Network that is now included in my package(Choice) but going forward I will have to pay 2.14 a month for a network I have watched a total of 3 times??

do I understand this correctly, I get SEC Network that is now included in my package(Choice) but going forward I will have to pay 2.14 a month for a network I have watched a total of 3 times??
There should be a link to check what your RSN fee would go up to. I thought SEC Network was national and not a RSN.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

TV fee is $6.50? So even that is going up? It was $6 prior correct? How often does that go up? I think its been $6 for a long time. I dont know, blame it on health insurance. My health insurance costs are skyrocketing this year. So I suppose all the actors/actresses health insurance costs gone up too. So have the producers, cameraman, technical people. The distributors, the HBO's and RSN's of the world, etc... Then in turn DirecTV's costs? I mean yeah our personal weekly contributions are going up, but so are the employers. At least my employers percentage is going up as much as mine. But still that's a substantial cost to the business that has to be recuperated somewhere else. So why is this going up so much? Why does an MRI cost $2000? I think that is the real root of the issue. Fix healthcare, fix gas prices, and reduce the cost for labor, saving companies like DirecTV, HBO, Turner Networks, Viacom, Universal, etc... money in turn they wouldn't have to raise rates so high just to stay afloat.

There should be a link to check what your RSN fee would go up to. I thought SEC Network was national and not a RSN.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
There is a link in the second link you posted that explains the increases. It says click here to check. That's how I found out about mine going from zero to 2.14.

TV fee is $6.50? So even that is going up? It was $6 prior correct? How often does that go up? I think its been $6 for a long time. I dont know, blame it on health insurance. My health insurance costs are skyrocketing this year. So I suppose all the actors/actresses health insurance costs gone up too. So have the producers, cameraman, technical people. The distributors, the HBO's and RSN's of the world, etc... Then in turn DirecTV's costs? I mean yeah our personal weekly contributions are going up, but so are the employers. At least my employers percentage is going up as much as mine. But still that's a substantial cost to the business that has to be recuperated somewhere else. So why is this going up so much? Why does an MRI cost $2000? I think that is the real root of the issue. Fix healthcare, fix gas prices, and reduce the cost for labor, saving companies like DirecTV, HBO, Turner Networks, Viacom, Universal, etc... money in turn they wouldn't have to raise rates so high just to stay afloat.
I just paid $1.99/gallon. I think gas prices are great right now, and only getting better for a long time according to various economists.

yeah it shows mine going to 2.14 too, which is why I asked. It lists Fox South(could have sworn it said SEC earlier) on my bill as my RSN, I have never watched that one. So I guess they better have an option to disable RSNs completely and keep the rest of the channels I watch, otherwise I am looking at nearly a 10.00 increase. But the good news about these increases are they will drive more and more folks to OTT services.

We already have Amazon prime membership and Netflix, so in my case I could move to pure streaming and save big bucks even if I have to pay for a couple specific streaming services.

Wow, between Premier ($7), 2 additional receivers ($1) and RSN fee (From $0 to $2.14) my bill will be going up $10.14/month. This is on top of MASN being taken away as an RSN for me, so now Orioles and Nats games are EI ($200). I have some decisions to make.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts