Rumor Alert for 2015 Price Changes (Now CONFIRMED)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
RSN fee here in NYC metro is going to $5.64. The $7 increase in Premier and the .50 for a receiver, I am looking at around $10 more per month for me in the end. These new birds better give me some more HD channels in 2015.

Is Directv adding the RSN to the Entertainment package? Because on the package list, there's "Entertainment Classic" listed on the the retired base packages section and "Entertainment" in the current packages section. Both packages list a new price of $59.99.

Is Directv adding the RSN to the Entertainment package? Because on the package list, there's "Entertainment Classic" listed on the the retired base packages section and "Entertainment" in the current packages section. Both packages list a new price of $59.99.
I thought that was the difference between the two packages, the Entertainment package DIDN'T have rsn's ? No ?

I thought that was the difference between the two packages, the Entertainment package DIDN'T have rsn's ? No ?
Between the Entertainment and Choice Package, yes, the Entertainment package currently does not have the RSNs. However, if Directv is now gonna have an "Entertainment Classic" package, then that means some changes are coming to that package (like they did with choice xtra a few years ago and made a choice xtra classic to differentiate between those two). If I were to take a reasonable guess, maybe this "new" Entertainment Package will let you add the RSN a la carte for those who want it. Sort of like with Dish where you have America's Top 120 (without the RSN) and America's Top 120+ with the RSN.

hmm, 12189 is my Zip Code, going up to 3.63, was 3.00, wonder why it raised. Not bad though.

Thinking of dropping Ultimate for Extra(I think that's the next one down) as I don't see why I should pay more for same channels, since I have Starz pack which has those channels in them, just need to pay my Bill and downgrade.

they also no longer list select in the current packages on that link. Now Select choice is in the retired packages, does this mean if someone wants to downgrade to it they have to do so before the new rates go in effect? Or do you think DTV will come out with a new similar package? I have Choice only for 2 channels, AMC and SCI. I can get season passes of TWD on iTunes for under 45.00, less than 3 months of the difference in price between Choice and Select Choice. I can live without the SCI channel, usually just watch it as I go to sleep.

what does it say next to the $3.63 ?

It says new. I assume this is the price increase Dish didn't want to pay for Comcast SportsNet New England. Dish dropped them. We pay $3.63 for it. Worth it to me to watch the Celtics lose.

Pic I meant to attach to previous post.

Attachments

• 1419726100507.jpg
    1419726100507.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 275
Select classic and entertainment classic aren't new, I wouldn't expect any pending changes to channel packages.

Select classic goes back several years, at one point they were offering two different select packages through retention, one was grandfathered, and one is now available to anyone (select).

Entertainment classic came up about a year ago when they just switched some channels around to be included in Entertainment and a few removed if I remember correctly. They just grandfathered the people that were on entertainment at that point to keep the same channels. I believe both entertainment packages are the same rate.

The one where people may want to consider dropping their "classic" package is the Xtra Classic. At one point there were 8 extra channels in it, at the same price. Today there are 4 extra channels in it at $1.50 more.

If you were after one of the sport channels in Xtra Classic, they have all been returned to the regular Xtra pack at $1.50 less than classic. NHL, Golf, Tennis, and CBS Sports.

The four that remain part of Ultimate that Xtra Classic sub's get: Boomerang, Chiller, Sprout, and Esquire.
So unless one of those 4 intrigue you, it may be time to hit the button on the website and save $18 a year.

Honestly, a $7 increase does not surprise me considering how greedy we've seen programmers like Fox, Disney/ESPN, CBS, Comcast/NBC, have all become in the last few years.

Considering that NBA is responsible for $2 of the increase between ESPN and Turner, not to mention the additional amount ESPN is raising outside of NBA, you might want to narrow that focus down to the correct offenders.

I think it's time we all show these greedy TV channels and the obscene pro sports TV contracts that are also the cause, by dumping them along with the TV providers. Seriously sick and tired of all these
price increases for TV, somebody is making money and sure the hell isn't the customer.

Well I would but Directv was installed on December 29th last year. The termination fee isn't low enough for me yet. lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)