Rumor Alert

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wikipedia.org is no longer listing Pac-12 Network as being available from DirecTV. (It had been. And that it was assigned to channel 612.)

Now what to do next about PAC Network. Is it or is it NOT going to be on DIRECTV. I vhave waited 3 years and now this BS. What are our options? Wait or addd xfinity for the channel. Do not what to do. DIRECTV needs to stop playing games over this mess.

It sounds like the feed was removed today before the channel was added.

It wasn't removed it was just moved to the engineering block at 9612 as reported on the other site. Very easy to move back to 612. The other site reads too much into the guide data. Just because it's listed as something different in the guide data at 9612 it doesn't mean that it's gone for good. The video and audio streams are still the same. If it drops from 9612 then it would be safe to say that it's not coming. As with these things it's hard to tell what's going on and nobody should expect these channels until you see it on your tv! We have seen channels come and go in testing and nobody should expect to get any channel based upon its engineering status.

I personally hope it shows up tonight as the UofA's home opener is Tomorrow and you have a lot of people in Tucson / Phoenix who want to see this channel.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Now what to do next about PAC Network. Is it or is it NOT going to be on DIRECTV. I vhave waited 3 years and now this BS. What are our options? Wait or addd xfinity for the channel. Do not what to do. DIRECTV needs to stop playing games over this mess.

Takes two to tango. I would bet that the PAC12 also has something to do with the negotiations....There are other options for receiving the Pac12. I do not quite understand the animosity toward DirecTV but then I am not particularly happy at the prospect of having the PAC12 shoved down my throat either....

Larry Scott does this every year............stirs the pot and then............NOTHING!! All of his "sincere" rhetoric with his pleading look during media days was a bunch of "blah, blah". Should of known better when all this started!

They will get the channel on somehow. Stop worrying about it. The fans are upset and I hope PAC12 Net comes on In Mid September or October. Let us hope this happens.

Takes two to tango. I would bet that the PAC12 also has something to do with the negotiations....There are other options for receiving the Pac12. I do not quite understand the animosity toward DirecTV but then I am not particularly happy at the prospect of having the PAC12 shoved down my throat either....
The Pac 12 won't be shoved down anybodys throat ... If you don't want to deal with it, don't turn the channel on and it won't show up on your TV.

Reactions: nvsundevil
Well then Go to DSH(Cable Lite) or XFINITY(COMCAST DIGITAL)They carry PAC12 anyway. It is the fans that have beenwaiting 3 years to get PAC12 on DIRECTV. It will come on either this Month of September or October.

One item to note in regards Pac12 many of us West Coast people that want the channel are already paying an "RSN fee." By my addition Directv is making at least $.60+ a month on that fee..my two local RSN are CSN Bay Area and california. I believe combined those two channels are less than $2 a month but my fee is around $2.60. Seems to me Directv long ago built in for the cost of Pac12 in local markets but didn't add the channel and instead is taking the profit.

Just my thoughts as people complain about channels being 'shoved down their throats." Personally I find it simple to change the channel. Also I use to have two accounts with Directv at two homes, just dropped Directv at my second home and went full time with Suddenlink, while not as many HD channels offered I do get Pac12 and NFL RedZone.

Reactions: nvsundevil
Larry Scott does this every year............stirs the pot and then............NOTHING!! All of his "sincere" rhetoric with his pleading look during media days was a bunch of "blah, blah". Should of known better when all this started!
Was it uplinked like I said yes.

Did I ever say when it was going to be turned on? No.

The information was accurate as it was posted.

I remember this happening on DISH Network a number of times... with the Yes Network. They would keep uplinking it but never made it available to customers. It happens. I do think we will see it sometimes this season.

Reactions: Tampa8
Did I ever say when it was going to be turned on? No.

The information was accurate as it was posted.

I remember this happening on DISH Network a number of times... with the Yes Network. They would keep uplinking it but never made it available to customers. It happens. I do think we will see it sometimes this season.

Yes....in fact your informatiion was accurate..........and No you never said it was going to be turned on...............With that being said, Larry Scott started stirring the pot at Pac-12 Media days at the end of July which is what I am referencing............not your "rumor" post!

:no

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)