Rumor Alert

Status
Please reply by conversation.
talking about CSNCH will they add the full time feed of CSNCH + HD? Uverse has it.

With D-14 and D-15 they can add all pac-12 feeds full time. as well more of the RSN sub feeds.

You dont buy a Satellite TV company just to keep an IPTV platform that sucks down the majority of your internet bandwidth to customers. This is precisely what ATT is doing with Uverse.

From http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/...rse-Users-Will-See-134789?r=0.484079001501176

Reading in between the lines, the one consistent architecture is DirecTV's platform on the TV side with connectivity to the network side. On top of that ATT has stopped investing into Uverse from here,
http://www.fiercecable.com/story/at...new-home-architecture-using-direct/2015-08-12

If ATT did not intend on ditching the Uverse TV platform they would have continued the investment into it. As well as I hear that all Uverse displays have been replaced with ATT ones at their stores. It totally makes sense as now ATT has the ability to move their internet product into all 50 states as the agreements needed are there with DirecTV. They may still have to deal with franchise agreements in some places but now they can roll out nationally in areas they did not serve before.
I still don't see them just turning U Verse Off, they now have the ability to cover a much larger portion of the nation with the Sat, as you mentioned earlier, that I agree with ... I think it will take longer to implement all the U Verse boxes and D* boxes into one set up if thats what they are working towards.

I have not been following the HR54 thread - but it can see test channels? That is cool. It would be dumb for Pac 12 Network to go on 609. Big Ten is 610...Pac 12 should be 612. Since the numbers in the conference names have no meaning, that would give them meaning. ACC Network would fit nicely at 613 when it forms. ESPNU could be mirrored to 509 and that grouping would make a nice college sports pack.

I still don't see them just turning U Verse Off, they now have the ability to cover a much larger portion of the nation with the Sat, as you mentioned earlier, that I agree with ... I think it will take longer to implement all the U Verse boxes and D* boxes into one set up if thats what they are working towards.

They have an army of installers between Directv's techs and Uverse Techs. The amount of Uverse subs is much lower than what Directv was. I see them doing this in 3 years or less. It will take a year to implement and 2 years to get everyone upgraded. ATT will throw money at this if it leads to a much larger profit later. I see it happening much sooner than later. But we will see! :)

I have not been following the HR54 thread - but it can see test channels? That is cool. It would be dumb for Pac 12 Network to go on 609. Big Ten is 610...Pac 12 should be 612. Since the numbers in the conference names have no meaning, that would give them meaning. ACC Network would fit nicely at 613 when it forms. ESPNU could be mirrored to 509 and that grouping would make a nice college sports pack.

Mine cant. You have to have it on a special account to see those.

They have an army of installers between Directv's techs and Uverse Techs. The amount of Uverse subs is much lower than what Directv was. I see them doing this in 3 years or less. It will take a year to implement and 2 years to get everyone upgraded. ATT will throw money at this if it leads to a much larger profit later. I see it happening much sooner than later. But we will see! :)
Could be, but I hope not.
UVerse guys will soon be trying to have U Verse and D* equipment on the same trucks, that should be interesting ... never gonna happen.
I have yet to hear about them making a D* crew as well as a U Verse crew, which is what I feel should happen, but who knows, they don't ask me ...

I wouldn’t be surprised if both the “U-verse” and “DirecTV” names end up getting retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my area, TWC instituted their National Channel Line up a few years ago and this is the layout. They only carry Longhorn Network in Texas, and that is on channel 383.

370 - ESPN U HD
371 - ESPN Goal Line HD
372 - Fox College Sports Atlantic
373 - Fox College Sports Central
374 - Fox College Sports Pacific
375 - PAC 12 Network National HD
376 - PAC 12 Network Los Angeles HD
377 - PAC 12 Network Arizona HD
378 - PAC 12 Network Washington HD
379 - PAC 12 Network Oregon HD
380 - PAC 12 Network Mountain HD
381 - PAC 12 Network Bay Area HD
382 - Big Ten Network HD
384 - SEC Network HD
385 - SEC Network Alternate
392-399 - ESPN Game Plan/ESPN Full Court/ESPN 3 Programming

In my area, TWC instituted their National Channel Line up a few years ago and this is the layout. They only carry Longhorn Network in Texas, and that is on channel 383.

370 - ESPN U HD
371 - ESPN Goal Line HD
372 - Fox College Sports Atlantic
373 - Fox College Sports Central
374 - Fox College Sports Pacific
375 - PAC 12 Network National HD
376 - PAC 12 Network Los Angeles HD
377 - PAC 12 Network Arizona HD
378 - PAC 12 Network Washington HD
379 - PAC 12 Network Oregon HD
380 - PAC 12 Network Mountain HD
381 - PAC 12 Network Bay Area HD
382 - Big Ten Network HD
384 - SEC Network HD
385 - SEC Network Alternate
392-399 - ESPN Game Plan/ESPN Full Court/ESPN 3 Programming

TWC went to this setup when I lived in NC. I had TWC for a while until I just couldn't take it anymore, but that was before the channel shuffle. The channel shuffle that you posted resulted in a 90% perfect line up. The locals would be a deal breaker for me. Why do cable companies put locals on the wrong channel? If a channel is called "My38", put it on channel 38, not 11, 199, 871, or 1232. If a channel is "The Valley C 5.2" it does not belong on channel 1244. The only channels that brand to specific numbers are locals and cable just ignores it.

According to DBS, Pac 12 Network is in test on 612 so there goes my discount I mentioned earlier. But I will get a new one since my college-sports obsessed friend wouldn't switch to Directv until this happened. This is a good day.

Why do cable companies put locals on the wrong channel? If a channel is called "My38", put it on channel 38, not 11, 199, 871, or 1232. If a channel is "The Valley C 5.2" it does not belong on channel 1244. The only channels that brand to specific numbers are locals and cable just ignores it.
goes back to the analog days when 2-23 was considered lifeline. So as example in Minneapolis suburbs, regardless of who the cable company was at the time (United, then Paragon, Time Warner then Comcast) the UHF stations (17, 23, 29, 45) were always on different stations (13,8,10,12). For a while even KSTC 45 use to say "Channel 45, cable 12" because most of the Mpls area and burbs put it on 12.

With digital I agree they should put it on their actual channel and I know some other companies (newer cable or Telco) do just that. They put the station on that channel and any subs are just sequential. So KSTC45 is 45, MeTv is 46, Antenna is 47 and This is 48 (their 3 subs). This obviously doesnt work where the locals are 2,4,5 and they have 3,1 and 1 subchannel.

Scott Greczkowski..............:yessign..........KUDOS to you for being spot on with the "Rumor" :cheer:cheer
Others may call me loose lips, others may say I am making stuff up, but in reality for the last year and a half I have been rock solid on all my rumors and info.

While others talk smack about us we continue to tell you stuff first. That tells you who the real DIRECTV leader is. :)

Good job.............have been checking this site first for any updates.........seems to be one-step ahead.............THX AGAIN..........

Reactions: Thelucky1
goes back to the analog days when 2-23 was considered lifeline. So as example in Minneapolis suburbs, regardless of who the cable company was at the time (United, then Paragon, Time Warner then Comcast) the UHF stations (17, 23, 29, 45) were always on different stations (13,8,10,12). For a while even KSTC 45 use to say "Channel 45, cable 12" because most of the Mpls area and burbs put it on 12.

With digital I agree they should put it on their actual channel and I know some other companies (newer cable or Telco) do just that. They put the station on that channel and any subs are just sequential. So KSTC45 is 45, MeTv is 46, Antenna is 47 and This is 48 (their 3 subs). This obviously doesn't work where the locals are 2,4,5 and they have 3,1 and 1 subchannel.

Growing up it was "ABC 22, Cable 4" here for WVNY so I get what you are saying. They are still on cable 4 in glorious chopped SD. I remember that WCAX and WPTZ on analog cable looked terrible sometimes because you'd see the cable and OTA on top of each other. With a slight delay on the cable, it was kinda like the out-of-sync HD radio of TV. I know that some of Boston had WBZ on cable 5 and no cable channel 4 because of OTA bleed-over. I also noticed that if you put an antenna on the "cable mode" and looked around, VHF channels were the proper numbers, but UHF channels would be on the wrong channels. For example, TBN used to have a LP analog station here on channel 16. It showed up on ch 67 with that scenario/set-up.

But - that system was decades ago. Literally decades. You know those promos for subchannels you see occasionally on locals? At the end when they list the cable channels, I always think "How are people going to find these channels?" There's no way anyone just surfing the guide is going to find them. The TWC national lineup puts primary locals on the old numbers they've always been on but all locals are repeated starting at channel 1200. So the subchannels only appear in the 1200s. But all of the linear channels in the guide are channels 1-roughly 800ish. In between is all the On-demand, PPV, and sports packages so surfing way up there isn't going to happen for most people.

Speaking of decades ago, that's when SV rules were made, but I have gone off-topic far too long so.... rant over. Yay Pac12.

Reactions: Mr Tony
TWC went to this setup when I lived in NC. I had TWC for a while until I just couldn't take it anymore, but that was before the channel shuffle. The channel shuffle that you posted resulted in a 90% perfect line up. The locals would be a deal breaker for me. Why do cable companies put locals on the wrong channel? If a channel is called "My38", put it on channel 38, not 11, 199, 871, or 1232. If a channel is "The Valley C 5.2" it does not belong on channel 1244. The only channels that brand to specific numbers are locals and cable just ignores it.

Iceberg explained it perfectly. It's all about the old lifeline cable.

In my area, on the lower end of my channel line up all locals are assigned channels 2-10. Channels 2, 4 & 7 are actually 2, 4 & 7 OTA, channel 3 is PBS, channel 5 is MyNetwork TV, channel 6 is Fox and channel 9 is the CW. On the upper end of the line up, yes locals are mirrored in the 1200s. The way TWC does it is your primary ABC is 1200, if you live in an area that can receive two set of locals the SV ABC is 1201. NBC is 1203, SV NBC is 1204. And so on. After about 1230 is usually where the digital subchannels start. From an organizational standpoint, TWCs national line up makes the most sense of anything I ever saw. The channels are grouped together very well, and I love that MTV, MTV 2 and VH1 are in the General Entertainment part of the line up, not the Music section.

This actually works out perfect for me. I never tune below channel 100 and I never go up in the 1200s. I have no use for local channels besides the sports they show, so I like keeping them out of the way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)