Rumor- Apple planning to end intel processor in Imac and macbook

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
IMHO The reason Apple is considering terminating the use of INTEL icore processor is because average computer buyers realize the hardware is basically the same for PC's. Once you compare hardware between PC's and Apple systems the only difference is the OS and the 2-3 times premium you pay to get a comparable Apple Computer.

I'm not nor are many many more willing to pay that huge premium to get the same Computer hardware, but that it has the name Apple on it.
What does Apple's sales numbers for their desktop and laptops indicate ? Apple users/fans will continue to buy Apple machines; people on the fence who are looking at either a Mac or a PC might be influenced by the factors you describe.

In the end, as an Apple user, all I will care about is whether 1) the computer will run the software I use; and 2) will a 2013 or 2014 model run it faster than my 2011 model. If both are true, it will not matter to me what the processor is. BUT #1 on that list is important. Certainly do not want to see a PowerPC v Intel problem, as folks have seen in the past, or have to run something like a "rosetta" to be able to run "legacy" software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts