RUMOR - FOX HD on Dish for SuperBowl? No Way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would do it in a heartbeat but 2 problems. My congressman got beat out (list still shows his email) and I suck at writing and dont know how to word it. If someone will write me a generic letter I would be glad to send it to the hill. It pisses me off to no end to know that FOX is live but at low power and with me living in the bonnies, I cant pick it up.

Well I don't really care about the superbowl. But FOX in HD would sure be great and keep me from feeling so stupid for keeping DISH when D* has ABC, NBC, & FOX

Any guesses on which sat the FOX-HD feed would be put on? I'm hoping 110-119. I might have a job coming up in Minneapolis which would require me to move for a month or two. ;)

I'd have to say it would go on the PPV channel which would be 110.

ggw2000 said:
If this happens it will turn out to be the same fiasco as the Olympics :mad: . The people who have NO OTA or even reception from local Fox stations will be left out in the cold as usual! The people who already get Fox HD OTA will have a choice of either. Just another suck deal for RURAL peons.... Gerry

How or would a waiver from my local FOX work?
I think I might be able to get a waiver from local Fox, would that get faxed to Dish?

Or waiver not help in this matter?

trido

with the new law you can no longer get "waivers" The only thing you canb do is "move" to an O&O area or an analog white area that A. Cannot receive an OTS signal and B. the market in which this white area lies is not on dish.

Question:

If I'm NOT in a O&O area but have had the distant analog Fox with "E" for years, is there a chance that Dish might automatically give me the HD signal ?

I know I'm probably slated to loose my distant Fox at some point but so far I haven't and I read something about if you have the analog distant then you'll automatically get the HD distant.

I also have Fox distants out of L A and would like to Know if they are going to turn it on for me?

A dish network dealer sent an email to Dish Network regarding the SuperBowl airing on Dish Network in HD.

This is the reply the dealer received.
We are hopeful that we will reach an agreement with FOX that would allow DISH Network to broadcast the Super Bowl in High Definition. As far as NBC HD and FOX HD, we are talking with both entities on carriage of each service and hope to have more information soon.
Our thanks to Bruno at DishRetailer for the info.

hancox said:
Filed under "pigs fly, etc" for the NBC/FOX HD :)

They did say something at CES about maybe adding a couple of HD channels toward the end of the year before MPEG4 receivers came out... maybe that is when the NBC/FOX HD will be... rumor'd until next fall and then add it during football.

Then again, if AI keeps up the ratings maybe dish will change their mind on the timeframe. I guess the same could be said about Comcast Sports Chicago and the success of the Bulls... who knows.

BTW for our pub members we have Charlies Speech from CES where Charlie Talks about the future of HD on Dish Network.

For those who have Distant Locals I am told NO you will not get the HD feed, only O&O areas will get it.

If this does go through, any idea when the channel will be added? I wish it would be turned on in time to see the NFC championship this weekend!

How will people find out that the channel is available to them? Do we have to call Dish and request the channel or will it automatically show up?

Got my fingers crossed...

Well this would be great for me. Even though I'm in an OTA area, I haven't been able to pull down fox with an indoors antenna and with all the snow and ice around here, I don't beleive I'll be climbing up on my roof to install an antenna anytime soon. So this would really kick butt if it were true.

That being said, I don't believe it. Wouldn't this have been mentioned in the last Charlie Chat if it were true? I'll believe it when I see it.

This doesn't sounds like a bandwidth issue as I would assume that the channels would be sent to the wings like CBS is now. They ran out of room for substantial additions at 110/119. Unless I am wrong, I was under the impression that those satellites could handle the addition of at least a few HD broadcast channels.

"For those who have Distant Locals I am told NO you will not get the HD feed, only O&O areas will get it"

I have the Macon, GA Locals is this considered Distant or O&O??

yukon said:
"For those who have Distant Locals I am told NO you will not get the HD feed, only O&O areas will get it"

I have the Macon, GA Locals is this considered Distant or O&O??

O&O stands for Owner & Operated by the Corporate Parent of the network. Pretty much the big cities (there are about 2 dozen) qualify. Most of the smaller markets are owned by smaller corporations who want you to watch THEIR feed and not the New York or LA feed. Chances are Macon, GA doesn't qualify, but maybe someone else knows definitively....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)