RUMOR - FOX HD on Dish for SuperBowl? No Way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So If I moved to an Atlanta Address and get the atlanta locals can I still get the Macon locals if i pay for them??

But if he "moved" he would qualify for the HD channels. Assuming you don't plug in the reciever so they can have the receiver dial home and tell them where the receiver is. But yes, he could not get two unless the "significantly viewed" rules get implemented soon and he is in one of the zip codes that can look in two directions)

Probably most of the O&O have OAR HD from FOX, but the ones who really need to get this channel can't because we live in a place thats owned by a group called Nexstar who is not going to give us any OAR HD until forced. When is that going to be, another year 3/4 away?

Scott Greczkowski said:
For those who have Distant Locals I am told NO you will not get the HD feed, only O&O areas will get it.

before i cancelled dish, i added all the new york distants before shivia was signed in hope that i would be able to get the local distants in hd.

since dish did not provide them as they said they would; that was one of the factors in my leaving. i now have three of the four majors in hd via cable.

looking forward to direct tv launching local hd later this year.

superbowl question

i live in an area in southeastern kentucky which is in no citys dma, will myself and people like me be able to get the superbowl if its broadcast in hd

mathius8 said:
i live in an area in southeastern kentucky which is in no citys dma, will myself and people like me be able to get the superbowl if its broadcast in hd

No. We rural area dwellers got the royal shaft in the new satellite bill. :(

NightRyder

dont understand

why would they give the superbowl to those who can already pick it up with an off air antenna, and leave us out who cant.

elgible for distant networks

i went to the dish network website and it said i was elgible for distant networks and i could choose up to two. if i can do this why cant i get the superbowl in hd?

The delivery of the Super Bowl in HD will not be an FCC thing. There are no rules pertaining to the delivery of Digital Channels by satellite. The delivery is by contract between the Network and your provider. If anyone thinks the network will step on its non O&O affiliates, they are in fantasy football territory, so to speak.

mathius8 said:
why would they give the superbowl to those who can already pick it up with an off air antenna, and leave us out who cant.
Call or email your legislators. I did mine and Jefford's DC office actually called me and seemed quite interrested about the fact that rural area sat viewers (Vermont in my case) were the ones being left out in the cold regarding digital stations. Who knows, if enough people make enough noise they may be able to pressure the FCC into defining the "digital white area" sooner. Plus with Powell stepping down, anything could happen.

WaltinVt

JohnH said:
The delivery of the Super Bowl in HD will not be an FCC thing. There are no rules pertaining to the delivery of Digital Channels by satellite. The delivery is by contract between the Network and your provider. If anyone thinks the network will step on its non O&O affiliates, they are in fantasy football territory, so to speak.
Ya butt.......Mother Fox (sorry about how that sounds) did just put a lot of money into getting their affilliates that were willing to meet them partway upgraded to be able to transmit in HD. Maybe they could be convinced to include areas where their affilliates didn't play ball and are (for whatever reason) still not transmitting the main network feed the way they want them to.
Just a thought.

Anyone got the number for the Fox Corporate headquarters ?
WaltinVt

Cyclone said:
The funny thing is that most/all FOX O&O markets are already HD capable. So this may only be useful to a few people. I wonder if this will include all of the pre-game shows. I saw during the playoffs, that FOX's SuperBowl coverage begins (not kidding here) at 10am.

All Fox O&Os have HD EXCEPT one. Unfortuneatly, I happen to live near the one that does not have HD, which is WOGX in Ocala. GRRRRRRRR

I'm confused about this whole O&O thing. I live in the Hartford , Ct market and have Fox in my locals. Does this mean Fox HD would be available to me as my locals are or would I need OTA antenna?

Fox O&O means your local fox station is actually owned by fox themselves. This does not apply to hartford, so no you would not get fox.

mathius8 said:

Take it up with congress and your own local NAB along with the NRTC lobby (who pretend they are the rural consumers advocate). They are the ones who screwed ya.

Well it seems as though the guys at SkyRetailer are reading SatelliteGuys.US carefully. :)

This is from todays SkyRetailer Report.
Fox HD On DISH?
EchoStar Comments on Ways to Improve High-Def Offerings

Eyes are turning towards whether DISH Network will eventually get FOX high-def signals for markets with a Fox owned and operated station, especially with the upcoming Super Bowl being broadcast on the network.

EchoStar spokesperson Steve Caulk said that at the moment the satellite TV service does not have the rights to carry Fox HD.

"We continually look at ways that we might be able to improve upon the high-def programming package that is already so popular among our customers. But I cannot comment on any negotiations we may or may not be having in that regard," he said.
To Read the rest please visit http://www.skyretailer.com

HDTV Super Bowl on Dish

Hey Scott,

How sure a deal is this? I live in NYC so I would get the broadcast... Can I start inviting friends over to my HDTV super bowl party or should I hold off?

Thanks!

Dan

P.S. Go Pats!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)