RUMOR - FOX HD on Dish for SuperBowl? No Way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
GaryPen said:
Do you have D*? Then, you should already have Fox HD, no? (If you qualify for distants already.) Or, did you mean E*?
have E* 6000u, 921, 501 and 2700 and have had D*( sd hughes hird D 2 and a phillips along with 2 dead 1st or second gen Rca's )for about 7 years..have all nets but abc...(thats why I kept D*alive)

Hey, Bobmurdoch, where in Jersey are ya? I grew up in monmouth cty (parents still live their).

I am in north Jersey now, 16 miles for the towers and CAN NOT pull in any locas OTA using an indoor silver sensor. I rebnt, so can't throw anything on rof or in addic.

mboy said:
Hey, Bobmurdoch, where in Jersey are ya? I grew up in monmouth cty (parents still live their).

I am in north Jersey now, 16 miles for the towers and CAN NOT pull in any locas OTA using an indoor silver sensor. I rebnt, so can't throw anything on rof or in addic.

That's not good if you have issues. I'm in the extreme SE corner of Monmouth County in Brielle (I'm 1/4 mile from Ocean County (Point Pleasant)across the Manasquan River). Due to a slight incline, my view of New York (42 miles away) may be partially obstructed, but the slope of the land gives me a clean shot across the sky to Philadelphia 62 miles away (the NE corner at least where WCAU transmits from).

Oh, and BOY did Fox blow it with the "Point Pleasant" TV show. At LEAST shoot some exterior shots around here (NOT San Diego where they do film it). I nearly shot Diet Pepsi through my nose when I saw one of those OC (Ocean County?) rejects lounging by a supposedly Pt. Pleasant pool.... and there was a palm tree in the yard. With it being 20 degrees at best this week I can guarantee you that there are NO palm trees alive outside around here. The gas station that looks like it belongs on The Dukes of Hazzard. Gigantic Old Ferris wheels (well we DO have Jenkinson's amusement park and they have a small one), Lighthouses, long beaches, and crystal clear water? Uh uh. The water is much less murky than it used to be now that they got NYC to stop dumping in the ocean but still there is no camera 20 ft. down that can see a body plunging into the surface of the water. Also, no batches of trust fund kids around here. You could fill a movie theater with the spoiled brats, but the other 10,000 folks are pretty normal. Sorry, needed to ramble..........

Please Dish, I want my mtv (humming dire straits song), or in this case SB TV.

I really really really think that this is NOT happening. This was a silly rumor to spread, odds are very slim pickings this will hapoen.

BFG said:
I really really really think that this is NOT happening. This was a silly rumor to spread, odds are very slim pickings this will hapoen.

Yeah, but what do you really, really, really, really think?

(I think you're right, BTW) ;)

Brad

Someone in "D" forum posted:
<snip>........"On a lighter note, the DirecTv tech on the 2nd call revealed that the area I'm in is not claimed by any CBS or NBC station as far as HD is concerned. He also said that as soon as their HD network software was upgraded, that I would get CBS and NBC NY feeds. I guess this means that the "digital white" areas are being formed?"

Anyone else heard anything from either "E" or "D" about this ?

Probably nothing but CSR nonsense but if sat companies actually can base eligability on whether someone is claimed by an afiliate station as an "HD" viewer, then that would free a lot of rural area sat customers that can't get any digital OTA wouldn't it ?

Is there anything to stop DBS from doing this even though there hasn't been an offical "white area" declared by the FCC ?

Since it doesn't look like we are going to get the Superbowl in on E* Fox HD, I'll have to get an antenna. Does anybody in this forum live in the Burlinton/Mebane, NC area? I cannot get the WGHP Fox 8 digital channel (35) with the silver sensor indoor antenna. If you are receiving the Fox 8 digital channel, can you recommend an anttenna to purchase locally?
On a side note, it looks like the Winegard squareshooter might work but I don't want to spend money to have it shipped and take a chance that it may not bring in the signal.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

A good performing UHF antenna is the Radio Shack 15-2160.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=15-2160

UHFANT2.jpg

$23, and your local shack should have it in stock.

to be honest my analog locals look so bad that i'm embarrased to have anyone over to watch it.

As of yesterday they were still working on this.

This is going to be just like the Olympics, no announcements until the day before then surprise.... And then we see lots of people upset because they didn't see the game as they didn't live on an O&O area.

Lets hope we hear something tommorow.

Scott Greczkowski said:
As of yesterday they were still working on this.

This is going to be just like the Olympics, no announcements until the day before then surprise.... And then we see lots of people upset because they didn't see the game as they didn't live on an O&O area.

Lets hope we hear something tommorow.

I know for a fact there will be no HD Superbowl for Dish network customers.
sorry but it's true

I am not taking any chances. I purchased an antenna over the weekend and my pre-amp will be in by friday. I have already tested the antenna without the amp and I get 66-70% signal for FOX so I should be all set for the SB on sunday ;)

So how would one know if there address is considered a O&O area. I live in the zip code of 75409 which is about 60 miles away from the fox tower in dallas. If the sb ends up only being shown in a O&O I want to make sure I will at least get a feed of it...

joeylberry said:
So how would one know if there address is considered a O&O area. I live in the zip code of 75409 which is about 60 miles away from the fox tower in dallas. If the sb ends up only being shown in a O&O I want to make sure I will at least get a feed of it...

someone posted the list in this thread... about post number 20 or 30

Just got a note that it does not appear good, but they are still working on it. :(

More if and when I hear anything more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)