Rumors from Team Summit

If they could just come out and upgrade the superdishes by just replacing the lnbs so that they could look at the 105/110/119/129 or 110/119/121/129 without making us choose, getting another dish or at worst getting a larger dish then I'd have to say OK. Good Job, but I don't give e* that much credit anymore.

I think the MPEG4 HD-DVR is going to be exactly like the 942 now, but with MPEG4, so they may be even smart enough to design the new box so they can send them out to 942 folks, collect their 942s, fix them for MPEG4, and send them out again as MPEG4 boxes. The only reason the 942 didn't include MPEG4 now is that they didn't have the hardware and they hadn't tested it yet.

for a product that is supposed to be out by late 05 early 06, I'm surprised that e* doesn't have the hardware or software. Let alone hasn't tested it. We all know how slow e* development is and how buggy their software is. If the difference between mpeg2 & mpeg4 is just replacing a chip(s) on the motherboard then in reality they really wouldn't have to anything.

It's really sad though, a great company like voom goes under when they were going to mpeg4 everything and e* and d* is only going to only use mpeg4 for hd.

They will eventually replace all of the mpeg2 boxes for mpeg4. It's easier to start with the smallest customer base and work up to the SD boxes. If the compression ratios are correct, we could see much more D500's if all the spotbeams go to 110. Could anyone imagine the ability to have 210 spots? One for each DMA. That could be interesting, especially if the R-1 spots work as advertised.

Scott, I hope to hear some good news from the summit floor on Friday! I have a new 942 and 921 ready for action. ;)

I have figured out a way to get around my workplace internet filter to check the boards. They blocked out the main site, but I can get on in a limited way with satelliteguys.net. :D

BlackHitachi said:
Oh man i have to put my voom dish back up?? Will they also run them at 148?!!:shocked
This I don't have a definate answer to, however if I had to guess I would say yes that they would eventually be mirrored at 148,

Scott Greczkowski said:
Just a 61.5 Dish no superdish or new 129 Dish needed.
Now my lack of knowledge comes out. Do you mean a second dish or a replacement?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)