Rumors from Team Summit

Will the Voom21 be billed separately from the 9.99 HD Pack or included is the question now.

It will not be the Voom21. Only VOOM 10.

I believe the cost of the HDp pack will remain the same, full detilas are expected tommorow from Team Summit.

Of course SatelliteGuys.US will have all the details here for you as soon as we get them. ;)

Any indication whether VOOM 21 is still in tact and will all be added later or to another Satellite Service, given that only 10 going to E*? Or are some of them going to be combined?

Well with MPEG4 useing less bandwidth in the future they will need less birds in the sky to push out more channels. I dont see them makeing everyone get another dish to get the add on of 10 Voom channels. In the long run as more channel's broadcast in MPEG4 E* will need less Satellites to handle the payload which means everyone should be able to pick up most everything on one dish with a MPEG4 receiver.I would think the AMC15 and AMC 16 would help out allot on their payload as far as pushing out new channels so on. Scott Again thanks for the updates and do you know what the 10 channels would be like MonsterHD or what? :)

And will Dish make any announcement about the other essential HD Channels: UniversalHD, CinemaxHD, TMCHD, & StarzHD?

OK got calls from my contacts at the show who were very unimpressed tonight with the opening ceremonies, but they were told that there will be some big surprises in store tommorow.

They are now on their way to the Expo, we hope to have some photos available later tonight / early in the morning. I will post a urll when I have received word that pictures have been uploaded.

TO :Scott G.

Any idea what the Voom's 10 HDTV channels are and which ones they are?What rumours are you hearing on which channels there talking about?

ksload said:
And will Dish make any announcement about the other essential HD Channels: UniversalHD, CinemaxHD, TMCHD, & StarzHD?

Since bandwidth was one of the reasons E* was tossing as to why they didnt have these...and since they can apparently offer Voom channels that are on 61.5...and since these channels are already on 61.5 (arent they?)...seems like they should at least be doable now, unless the carraige agreements are just too $$$ for Charlies taste.

Of course one big question nobody has asked yet...Seems we all talk/read about E* making big promises...so how soon are we actually likely to see all of the rumored items appear if they do happen?!?

Well tommrow is it so I guess we will half to waite and see what is said tommrow. :)

SatelliteGuys won't enjoy Satellite Expo 2005 as much as they are enjoying Team Summit because they won't have to play secret agent in order to get information lol

I really hope the VOOM 10 is not so gutted from the VOOM 21 that it is unrecognizable. I know everyone is so desperate and thank ful for ANY HD channels, but unless the other 11 are still out there to be added later or to some other service, it will be a sore disappointment for those who had VOOM, but will wait to see what has survived, at least as far as Dish is concerned.

This Just In....

Dish is showing a MPEG4 Receiver with a Live MPEG4 feed off of 148!

411 which is a MPEG4 Receiver which replaces the 311 but also does HD.

They are also showing the Dish 1000 which points at 110, 119, 129

We will have photos tonight or in the morning. :)

They are having problems with the MPEG 4 receiver it keeps crashing. It also seems to take 30 seconds for it to change between MPEG4 channels. They are broadcasting 4 Test channels currently.

Our reporter asked about VOOM and was told to "ask again tommorow" :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts