Rumors from Team Summit

Wow. This has been an amazing last few days for Dish. This forum is awesome. Normal Dish customers are left in the dark.

Yes this forum is awesome. So dish has 2 days to get this stuff working. Any of you guys with the means to check out rainbows sat for hints of what transponders and frequencies these new channels are on? I'm assuming they are already testing this as we speak.

Gearing up?

I've been sitting on the sidelines waiting for announcements to make a decision which way to go for HD. I'm a current D* customer but not impressed with the price of admission to HDTivo. The E* announcements have made my decision to make the change but now what do I need to order? I was planning to do the 942 for 2 rooms. Does that still make sense given the MPEG4 issue? I can get the lease for $250 but still no news on an upgrade path and MPEG4 looks like it is going to happen sooner rather than later. With new dishes, etc. does it make sense to sign up now or wait until the new equipment is available?

Wow the Voom 10 should start on Sunday. Cool for E* members no doubt. It makes me curious if they are gonna send the feed off of Rainbow 1 or a different Sat? If it's not on Rainbow 1 and they had the bandwidth to add 10 HD channels a long time ago that's kinda a bummer they did not do so. Looks like the 10 channels they are going to at least start with are the most popular ones on Voom. If this does happen on Sunday big props to E*.

Well main things that they are adding more HD! I spoke to Dish today they said that HD Subscribers should have the new 10 channels show up in their guide. So keep a eye out for them this weekend and when everyone gets their MPEG4 receivers haveing room will not be a issue. :)

Poke said:
Well main things that they are adding more HD! I spoke to Dish today they said that HD Subscribers should have the new 10 channels show up in their guide. So keep a eye out for them this weekend and when everyone gets their MPEG4 receivers haveing room will not be a issue. :)

But the question is, do you have to have a dish pointed at 61.5 and a new switch in order to get the channels, or are they in some miraculous way going to be able to fit them into the Dish 500 (110 and 119 sats) so that the majority of the HD customers will be able to get them right away?

Well we will see what they say today about it being at 61.5. If you do that would be so stupid due to most folks will not be able to view any of the new add on's. In the future once everyone on new receivers then there should not be a issue. 2006 they will half to have most if not all of their HD Subscribers on new receivers since they plan on adding all 21 channels. But again by then room will not be a issue.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that the new channels don't show up on the 110 or 119 sats. How else could Charlie get us clammering for the new channels AND make us pay for them? If they just show up under the existing HD package for just 9.99 a month he probably wouldn't make enough money on them....

Most of the earlier HD adopters still have a 61.5 dish since that was the way to get it a year ago before they moved all HD over to 110. They should provide you a 61.5 dish installed FREE if you ask and if you have some secondary locals on it. By law, they have to. So call them up and ask if there are more locals for your area (if you buy locals from them) on the 61.5. Chances are there are... if so, you can get it for free. They may also throw it in free now if you are a new sign up for HD pack, but they may not have that set up with the CSRs on Monday.

As for details on the Voom channels, see the Voom forum here and the press relase from Voom. They give a summary of all the channels.

Hmmm, sounds like I should go ahead and call today to get that "free" receiver to pick up my locals on the 61.5 sat.. And wait to see what happens on the location for the new HD channels, just maybe I will get in under the free dish before they start making you pay for the upgrade to it since it will have more than locals on it... very confusing right now....

In all of this HD news...has anyone asked anyone at the Summit about the possibility of existing customers leasing a 942?

new's i have from the floor.....EVERYTHING is moving to MPEG4.....HDTV is moving to 129 soon with the DISH1000........DISH IS GOING WIRELESS.......more to come

jbcheshire said:
Hmmm, sounds like I should go ahead and call today to get that "free" receiver to pick up my locals on the 61.5 sat..

No free receiver! free DISH on 61.5

Well most likely they will move the International off to free up space.Either way they are going to half to free up some things so almost all of their HD subscribes can get the new add ons.

Okay, so for the short term, HD is on 110/119, 61.5 and maybe 148. Two dishes.

Long term, it's on 110/119 and 129. One dish with the Dish 1000.

How long before the one dish solution is available? When will the two dish solution become obsolete?

I want to know if it's worth it as a HD Pack sub to spring for the 2nd dish now, or wait and replace the Dish 500 with the Dish 1000.

Well since the satellite at 129 will be DBS, you don't need the dish 1000 anyways. When they move HD to 129, those that have a dish for hd at 61.5 or 148 just need to swing it over to 129. So get the seperate dish now, because that and a dish 500 will get you the same thing a dish 1000 will

BFG said:
Well since the satellite at 129 will be DBS, you don't need the dish 1000 anyways. When they move HD to 129, those that have a dish for hd at 61.5 or 148 just need to swing it over to 129. So get the seperate dish now, because that and a dish 500 will get you the same thing a dish 1000 will
I just wanted to get a timeframe. I'd rather not put up an external switch and 2nd dish if I don't have to. I can wait a reasonable amount of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)