RV setup confusion

ctphoto

Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
Danbury, CT
I set up in the same location this week as two weeks ago and can not get any signal. The receiver is saying Alz 244, Elv 26, and Skew of 125 - but a few web based calculators I used said Alz 249.3, Elv 23.8, and Skew 38. I even read several websites that said to leave Skew on 0, no need to adjust. I am confused. Here is my equipment list, Vip211k and Dish 1000.2 on tripod.

I was using 125 and got a signal, now I am not getting anything at all. My zip code at that location is 12495 if that helps. Is what the receiver says trump online calculators?

It sounds like the angles are correct on that site too, but the skew is measured differently. From the site you gave me I got:

Elevation: 23.9°
Azimuth (true): 235.9°
Azimuth (mag.): 249.3° using Compass
Dish Skew: 52.1°

180 minus the 52.1 would put you at the angle I got from dishpointer.com.

Motor Latitude: 42.1°
Declination Angle: 6.5°
Dish Elevation: °
Elevation: 23.9°
Azimuth (true): 235.9°
Azimuth (magn.): 249.3°
Dish Skew [?]: 127.9°
arrow-r.png

When standing behind the dish, rotate the dish in the indicated direction.

OK, well I guess I will just try a few settings and see what happens. It is one of those things, I am on vacation when there (hence the RV setup) so I am not suppose to have to work ;)

I want to make sure you know that when you are selecting the satellite from the drop-down box on the dishpointer sites, make sure you are selecting the MULTI-LNB 1000.2 (119/110/129). If you are only selecting the 119 orbital, you are not getting the correct angles (which is why it shows 0 skew).

Do I need to upgrade my Dish?

JIP Please RIP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)