RV Setup with SWM receiver ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JD13012

Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
So Cal
Good Evening to all! I am writing in hopes that somebody could steer me in the right direction. Im taking the trailer out this weekend and wanted to bring along my DirecTV nfl sunday ticket! I purchased a tripod and old dish from a buddy, it has a Triple feed LNB (AU2-F1) and i would like to bring along and HD receiver from home. I recently had the SWM upgrade installed. Ive gathered enough info to feel confident about setting everything up and figuring out how to dial in the satellite direction and elevation. I am wondering if there is a special setting i need to put in for the different dish ill be using with the Trailer. Any info will be greatly appreciated. thanks!

-Jesse

If you get the dish pointed correctly before you hook up the receiver, it should just start up. At the very worst it will try to get signal and stall. If it does go into the setup and change to the correct dish.

Good Evening to all! I am writing in hopes that somebody could steer me in the right direction. Im taking the trailer out this weekend and wanted to bring along my DirecTV nfl sunday ticket! I purchased a tripod and old dish from a buddy, it has a Triple feed LNB (AU2-F1) and i would like to bring along and HD receiver from home. I recently had the SWM upgrade installed. Ive gathered enough info to feel confident about setting everything up and figuring out how to dial in the satellite direction and elevation. I am wondering if there is a special setting i need to put in for the different dish ill be using with the Trailer. Any info will be greatly appreciated. thanks!

-Jesse

Are you looking for HD in the trailer or SD ?
IF SD is fine, you'll be good as it's on the 101 sat, if your wanting HD, you'll ned to have a Slimline 3 or 5 dish to get the HD signals that are on the 99 and 103 sats.

Make sure you TRY this all in the driveway ahead of time before you go out there, till your comfortable getting a signal.

Practice, Practice, Practice.

Yes, you'll need to go into the Repeat Sat Set Up screen in order to change the dish type as you won't be using a SWM at the trailer .....

I looked into the Dish your talking about using, the LNB will get you the 101, 110 and 119, nothing HD.

I will want the HD signal so that i can get the Sunday Ticket Channels. How do i know if mine is or is not the slimline 3 dish? Thanks for the info so far guys...im looking forward to doing this!

I will want the HD signal so that i can get the Sunday Ticket Channels. How do i know if mine is or is not the slimline 3 dish? Thanks for the info so far guys...im looking forward to doing this!

If your set up, the recvr will tell you in the menus.

Menu-Set up-System Set Up-Info and Test-select-More System info- dish type.

You'll need to scroll down to find it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)