Sports Blackout Symbol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyclone27

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
Des Moines, IA
After 11 years with Dish I recently switched to Directv & I am loving it. I just have a question regarding sports blackouts.

I am pretty well-versed in the blackouts for the sports leagues. However, sometimes with some college games or replays, it is not always clearly defined what will be blacked out.

Dish has a symbol in the program guide showing if it will be blacked out. I don't see anything like that on the Directv guide. Am I missing something? Or is the only way to tell by tuning in to the particular channel at gametime? Thanks.

tuning to a blacked out game in your area should result in an on-screen blackout message and I thought the system will try to "discover" the same game on another channel if possible.

but what he is saying is on Dish if you go to a game in the guide and hit info there will be a "0 with the slash through it" symbol to let you know you're blacked out

D* doesnt have that (that I know of)

However, they DO have the game search feature, so the channel will look for a channel that you get that does have the game on.

I was Dish for years and this is about the only feature I miss. I know it's a small thing but it eliminates the headache of accidentally recording something that is blacked out. I too am well aware of the black out rules, but like the op wrote, some you're not sure of.

I was Dish for years and this is about the only feature I miss. I know it's a small thing but it eliminates the headache of accidentally recording something that is blacked out. I too am well aware of the black out rules, but like the op wrote, some you're not sure of.

Same way with me. I switched to DirecTv this summer. I wish they had some type of symbol like DISH does to tell you that a game is blacked out on that channel. The pro sports are easy but with college it kinda of hit or miss with blackouts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts