Sports Blackout Symbol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyclone27

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
Des Moines, IA
After 11 years with Dish I recently switched to Directv & I am loving it. I just have a question regarding sports blackouts.

I am pretty well-versed in the blackouts for the sports leagues. However, sometimes with some college games or replays, it is not always clearly defined what will be blacked out.

Dish has a symbol in the program guide showing if it will be blacked out. I don't see anything like that on the Directv guide. Am I missing something? Or is the only way to tell by tuning in to the particular channel at gametime? Thanks.

tuning to a blacked out game in your area should result in an on-screen blackout message and I thought the system will try to "discover" the same game on another channel if possible.

but what he is saying is on Dish if you go to a game in the guide and hit info there will be a "0 with the slash through it" symbol to let you know you're blacked out

D* doesnt have that (that I know of)

However, they DO have the game search feature, so the channel will look for a channel that you get that does have the game on.

I was Dish for years and this is about the only feature I miss. I know it's a small thing but it eliminates the headache of accidentally recording something that is blacked out. I too am well aware of the black out rules, but like the op wrote, some you're not sure of.

I was Dish for years and this is about the only feature I miss. I know it's a small thing but it eliminates the headache of accidentally recording something that is blacked out. I too am well aware of the black out rules, but like the op wrote, some you're not sure of.

Same way with me. I switched to DirecTv this summer. I wish they had some type of symbol like DISH does to tell you that a game is blacked out on that channel. The pro sports are easy but with college it kinda of hit or miss with blackouts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.