RVU

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ADJLATINO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
last night I update my samsung led tv.everything is the same.except the input i found a new one RVU? what is rvu? am a directv costumer:)

model #UN46D6000SFXZA..

Ok, it's a 6000 series, originally they had 3 series that did RVU, 6000, 6200 and 6400 I think it was, so yours was RVU capable from the beginning, just needed the update I guess.

I was wondering if you had a different model and a update added the RVU, but I see it wasn't.

RVU is a protocol built ontop of DLNA spec. But adds support for GUI streaming and universal access. Directv / Samsung/ Verizon/Motorola / and many others are part of the RVU alliance.

Basically put with the HR34 in one room you would not need a dtv box hooked up to your samsung for it to get tv. it would use it RVU function to talk to the HR34 directly.

So far the only models that are RVU compliant are the Samsung D6000, D6400, and D6420.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts