S.O.S. Please help AC-3 software needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Could someone please send me in the right direction? I have a Traxis DVB-3500 and need the software patch to get this unit to pass AC-3 audio to my Dolby Digital Receiver. I've tried DMS International and have had no luck finding a AC-3 patch. I know it's available, but can't find software. Please help. Thanks, Chad

Yes it's the DBS-3500 and my dealer gave me DMS International's websight and said"if it's not on there, it's not available." Dealer = Skyvision out of Fergus Falls, MN.

ya it comes with the outputs for both coax and optical, but I can't get no digital signal to pass through the connectors on either of them. I'm trying to get "the tube" perfect picture, but no AC-3 audio to my digital receiver. I want the tube! Thanks, Chad

Remember that there is a difference between PCM uncompressed digital audio and Dolby Digital (which is AC-3) compressed audio. Many receivers have the digital audio connections (coax or optical), but only output standard PCM digital audio. Just because a receiver has digital audio outputs doesn't guarantee that it will output compressed (AC-3) audio streams.

A thought

chadg2 said:
Could someone please send me in the right direction? I have a Traxis DVB-3500 and need the software patch to get this unit to pass AC-3 audio to my Dolby Digital Receiver. I've tried DMS International and have had no luck finding a AC-3 patch. I know it's available, but can't find software. Please help. Thanks, Chad

Just a thought. Have you checked the receiver to make sure the audio input is set to either toslink or Coax (which ever you use and assuming your receiver has this ability). Maybe it is putting out the signal but the receiver is not listening
Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)