s10 motor settings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

xtgold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
nutmeg state
I was playing with the 5-22 firmware and my motor settings(diseqc) were wacky.
It seems every 5 sats or so would go to position #1 and stay there and not budge.
As an example,83w.If the motor was on a close sat,then I could move it to 83w and save.
I had to add a tp from 83w to the 85w tp list,go to 85w antenna setting,move the dish to 83w using the 83w tp,save the 85w position=83w position number.Surprised the firmware would let me do that.So I had 2 sats at position 8.Then I went to 83w antenna setting and saved.Went back to 85w antenna and moved it back into position and saved as position 9.I had to do that ritual for 93w,89w,93w,99w,101w.Tedious but I got the settings correct now.

Try using USALS instead of Diseqc 1.2 and go form their and then go back to 1.2 set up and see what you get.

Never have had that problem with mine, but never have tried 5-22 firmware either.

The removed sensors are likely to be east / west limit sensors and not positioning sensors. If positioning sensors were removed, DiSEqC 1.2 would not funtion. The only difference in these "partially compliant" USALS compatible motors is that the motor position setting is stored in the motor when DiSEqQ 1.2 mode is selected and calculated by the receiver when USALS is selected.

DVBS-101: Tip of the Day: A USALS compliant (licensed) motor is superior to a USALS compatible motor. What is the difference? With an USALS compliant motor the aiming data is exchanged 2 ways between the receiver and the motor (I.E. STAB HH Series). USALS compatible motors receive calculated aiming data from a receiver, but the motor does not return confirmation aiming data to the receiver.

motoring

Why take those out?
motor wouldn't move.
tried reset hole on motor and reset limits on receiver,no go.
disconnected sensor cable,motor work fine last long time.
I did get 1 day of use out of it with the sensors connected.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)