S10 Signal but no Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zip48

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
bumpass
I just hooked up a S10 to my 10' dish. I'm still using the old 4dtv receiver to move the dish. What does it mean when I have a transponder that gets good Intensity and good quality, but when I scan the tp it doesn't find any channels?

Thanks

Yeah give us more info.

I'm on Sat AMC 16 and I get good signals on TP 14, 38, 43, 47 & 51. Now I'm not 100 percent sure my dish is pointed at AMC 16.

Where did you got your S10 from?? There are some firmware that for some reason used to do that in Americas.

I bought the s10 from GoSatellite.com. I check the firmware ver when I get home

I'll have to check the frequency tonight also.

Any other information I need to get to help?

Thanks Ken T

Zip48 said:
I bought the s10 from GoSatellite.com.

Well, we know that your reseller won't be helping you. GoSatellite is notorious for terrible post sale customer support.

Set the LNB LO to 5150 then perform an auto scan (blind scan). See if or what channel names scan in. Compare the scanned channel names to Lyngsat to determine what satellite the reflector is aimed at.

Well, we know that your reseller won't be helping you. GoSatellite is notorious for terrible post sale customer support.

Set the LNB LO to 5150 then perform an auto scan (blind scan). See if or what channel names scan in. Compare the scanned channel names to Lyngsat to determine what satellite the reflector is aimed at.

I could fill a page with everything that went wrong with a simple internet order. But I don't think it would do me (or anyone else) anygood.

I'll definitely try changing the LNB.

Thanks

I could fill a page with everything that went wrong with a simple internet order. But I don't think it would do me (or anyone else) anygood.

Well, it sounds like they expanded their poor customer service to pre-sale support as well! :eek:

It is very imortant to match the LNB LO frequency in the receiver or the preprogrammed transponder frequencies will not match up.

Good Luck!

Well, it sounds like they expanded their poor customer service to pre-sale support as well! :eek:

It is very imortant to match the LNB LO frequency in the receiver or the preprogrammed transponder frequencies will not match up.

Good Luck!

Since I have two LNBs, one for ku and one for C, how does that work?

Zip48 said:

5150 would be the setting for the C LNB, 10750 should be the setting for the Ku LNB.

Two LNBs will require a switch to select between the two and programming the S10 to control the switch. Are these voltage switching LNBFs or a feedhorn with LNBs and a servo controlling the polarity selection? The S10 can control polarity selection with LNBFs, but cannot control the polarity selection if using a servo.

Let us know the specifics of your equipment. Models, switches, etc. and we will be able to walk you through correct connection and receiver set-up.

Sorry for not replying earlier, but I’m having a hard time with this website.

I have a 10’ mesh dish that has a c/ku feedhorn and a servo controlling the polarity. Each lnb comes into the house and goes through a HF splitter (2 separate splitters) with power passing on one side only. The power passing side goes to my 4dtv receiver and the non-power side goes to a desiqc switch and then to the openbox s10.

I change the lnb setting on the s10 as recommended above and it definitely helped. I also figured out that I could set the lnb per satellite. I thought that once I set the lnb it affected all satellites. See what a little of good information will do J

Thanks for the help and keep it coming.

Ken T

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts