S234 12-13-12

Can you check and see if you can now ADD an individual ota station in the ota menu without having to scan? Like the Vip series does. If you can then the ota menu on the hopper will work similar to the Vip series, especially with the addition of manual timers.

That feature is still coming "soon"

Any fixes? Slow channel change, losing EHD (probably too soon to tell)?

Anyone notice when the caller id alert comes on screen it now has a little mail icon to the left od the text (looks like a little envelope with the word "mail" on it)? Weird because it has nothing to do with any kind of mail, lol.

I wonder if this will fix the black screen issue that some of us are having?
Is it even possible for a software fix to solve this as the tuner is an external device?
Still don't have OTA channels show up in guide when accessing programming online.

Very happy that these updates keep coming though and still love the system. I was over at my daughters and she has cable. The guide, channel placements and menu graphics all like prehistoric times!

You can set manual timers by pressing the DVR button 4x then the green button. Then choose the channel and the times and set it. If you have an OTA module, then you can choose an OTA channel then a time frame in the future and press SELECT. That will prompt the manual timer screen to pop up on the screen.

I just want it to solve the black screens on the OTA channels, losing the EHD and the slow menus.
Anything else is just gravy. :)

Never really had problems with that on S230, had the black screen issue only once, slow menus only on one Hopper, never lost the EHDs, but so far S234 is not having any of those issues :) .

Can someone explain manual timers to me...thanks

Received s234 at 5:35 this a.m.
In case your question was a "what is" instead of "how to".....They are time and day specific as opposed to SHOW specific. Example, you can set receiver to record a channel at a particular time, seven days a week, regardless of the show that is on at the time.

I like that the menu partially shows the third row of icons. This is a great help in cuing in that their is more if you scroll down.

Ptats new feature doesn't require Ptat bring enabled. It only kicks in while you are viewing a big 4 network. It doesn't record and it doesn't affect your tuner usage. It only takes over one tuner just the same as only viewing a big 4 on one TV. Once you change the channel to a non big 4 network it stops.

Wonder if it will take as long to get this as it did for the last one. Did not get it till the full release.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts