S234 12-13-12

So, am I just imagining it, or is my guide now staying on my custom list after the nightly update?

It seems to be holding.. Let's see how it holds.. :)

That would be a huge improvement.
Probably to good to be true though.
Other than the first time after the update, when it reverted to My Channels, it seems to be staying on my Favorites list. However, Dish engineering has mentioned more than once that this behavior was designed to lower their support load, and will not change any time soon. So, we may just be lucky, or perhaps they programmed in a longer period before defaulting back to My Channels.

I think that DISH has chose to keep the guide defaulting to My channels to avoid excessive customer call ins over missing channels. So we will have to just get used to pushing the guide button a couple of pushes to get to what ever custom guide you want. Doesn't look like they aren't going to change it.

I think that DISH has chose to keep the guide defaulting to My channels to avoid excessive customer call ins over missing channels. So we will have to just get used to pushing the guide button a couple of pushes to get to what ever custom guide you want. Doesn't look like they aren't going to change it.

Its called a menu option, and a default action.

Mine don't always respond to play when I am fast forwarding or rewinding recordings or live tv. Battery status is still good. Noticed on my hoppers

Sent from my iPad3 using SatelliteGuys

+1

In fact, the DVR is less responsive overall now. For the first time ever, playback was frozen and the only solution was resetting.

I've isolated my CC problem with S234 to the fact that it only works on 1 of the 2 tuners that are in use (the second is the PIP tuner even though PIP isn't in use). If I enable CC and it doesn't work using the swap or input keys will switch tuners and it will work on that tuner. If I have both tuners set to the same channel CC will work on 1 of them but not the other.

Oh no they downloaded 234 to one of my hoppers last night!
I thought this was a limited release thing! Can they switch it back I don't want it, it sounds like you guys are having a lot of bugs with it.
Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
anybody else get random pixel screen..that when I rewind the video its not there. Only last for half a second..and seems to be doing it on recorded stuff. I cant duplicate it though..on software s234.
Audio cuts out...pic is gone. rewind it...it dont happen again..lol

My other half looses their mind when things don't work properly so I hope this doesn't screw our systems up too badly. I mean when little things like the blue button doesn't work now all hell breaks loose in this house.

keckge said:
My other half looses their mind when things don't work properly so I hope this doesn't screw our systems up too badly. I mean when little things like the blue button doesn't work now all hell breaks loose in this house.

lol....mine 2!!! I dont have a issue that everyso often there is pixels..and loss of audio. she does though

Oh no they downloaded 234 to one of my hoppers last night!
I thought this was a limited release thing! Can they switch it back I don't want it...
From the looks of it, it was NEVER a limited release. They ALWAYS release them in phases though, i.e. "x" number get it one day, another "x" get it the next day, and so on. They do have "test" releases where a SMALL number get it and it stops.

You cannot undo it nor can/will Dish.

I just got a Hopper/Joey on Saturday and it went immediately to S234. I thought this was FAST (compared to the 722k). You guys are telling me it's actually slowed down ?
There seems to be an intermittent lag in displaying the guide or changing a channel. I've seen that since day one (in April). Most of the time the Hopper responds as soon as I hit the remote button.

I just got a Hopper/Joey on Saturday and it went immediately to S234. I thought this was FAST (compared to the 722k). You guys are telling me it's actually slowed down ?
It slowed down for me on S230 and now seems to be faster changing channels on S234.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts