S244 is out

Any idea what tv enhancements is and how do I take advantage of this feature or what channel(s) take advantage of this feature...

Thanks

TV enhancements have been around for a long time. It allows pop ups during your viewing and offers you an opportunity to leave that viewing and go to something that probably isn't worth going to. I have always disabled this 'enhancement!'

TV enhancements have been around for a long time. It allows pop ups during your viewing and offers you an opportunity to leave that viewing and go to something that probably isn't worth going to. I have always disabled this 'enhancement!'

Thanks ... guess I never paid attention to this

That's an interesting option. That would free up the PTAT tuner when there's nothing on and recording that I watch. If you decide to try it that way, report back in a week or so and let me know how it's going.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
Another interesting test would be to set up two overlapping manual timers on the big 4 (you know, to catch overruns), just to see if manual timers also use just one tuner.

S238 still on bedroom Hopper. It took almost 2 weeks for that one to upgrade last time after my Family Room upgraded. Been getting new icons on my PC in my network map. Sometimes I see the the Hoppers and Joeys, sometimes not. My two Joeys come up listed as Hoppers. Was hoping this upgrade would fix issues I am having with my Home Media. Can't stream audio from my PC.

Wow...244 is a huge improvement over previous versions. Besides all of the features already mentioned on the forum, my two hoppers are now lightning fast. DVR recording icons build almost instantly and everything is much quicker. I really, really like the recall button for returning to your last viewed spot on a recording...saves lots of navigation time. Thanks DISH.

I notice there is now a blue glow around the squares when browsing through the DVR folders.
This is a big enhanement. You can see what is highlighted when you are browsing through the shows on your DVR. Previously, it was hard to see what show was highlighted. you had to mouse off if it and back to it to watch it.

This is a big enhanement. You can see what is highlighted when you are browsing through the shows on your DVR. Previously, it was hard to see what show was highlighted. you had to mouse off if it and back to it to watch it.

Unless I'm missing something, I see the 'blue glow' around the tiles now in S238. Did it get brighter, or bigger maybe??

Unless I'm missing something, I see the 'blue glow' around the tiles now in S238. Did it get brighter, or bigger maybe??
Yes the blue was there before, what they added was a white outline between the tile and the blue glow. They also no longer darken the tile and show "press > to watch".

Yes the blue was there before, what they added was a white outline between the tile and the blue glow. They also no longer darken the tile and show "press > to watch".

Yes, thanks for explaining it better than I could! It is very easy to see what show is selected. The way it was before really obstructed the name of the show that was highlighted.

I agree completely. I never did like the darkened tile with the text covering up the thumbnail. Still eagerly awaiting the update.

Besides all of the features already mentioned on the forum, my two hoppers are now lightning fast. DVR recording icons build almost instantly and everything is much quicker.

I've always noticed my Hopper being faster after an update, mostly due to the receiver being rebooted completely.

Is it just me or when you delete something and hit select the delete icon doesn't depress or show that you selected it? Not a huge bug but annoying to me. Just started after this update.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

The PrimeTime Anytime does not need to be enabled to use this feature.
For example if lets say your recording a show on fox and ABC both from 2:00-3:00 it will record them both on the same tuner. Basically you can record all the major 4 networks at "anytime" and at the same time only using one tuner.

I noticed I was able to do that over a week ago. Yes, I mean RECORD using ONE tuner for the big 4 at times OUTSIDE of PT.

Last edited:
I noticed I was able to do that over a week ago.

The difference, however, is that before S244, you could still only record up to three channels at a time. Now, you can record all of the PTAT channels plus the other 2 SAT tuners and the OTA tuner at once at any time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)