S244 is out

The difference, however, is that before S244, you could still only record up to three channels at a time. Now, you can record all of the PTAT channels plus the other 2 SAT tuners and the OTA tuner at once at any time.

No, I mean I was able to record big four (well, 3 of them) with ONE tuner having one sat tuner viewing a non LIL and the other sat tuner available.

No, I mean I was able to record big four (well, 3 of them) with ONE tuner having one sat tuner viewing a non LIL and the other sat tuner available.

That is true. Any linked Joeys could have utilized the free tuner if needed, however couldn't record. That has now been fixed as of S244/S308.

I noticed I was able to do that over a week ago. Yes, I mean RECORD using ONE tuner for the big 4 at times OUTSIDE of PT.
I just tried this, after reading about the feature on the newest s/w, and it did NOT work. I'm still on S238. I tried ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX. The first three worked then I got a conflict with the fourth. It was using standard tuners, one for each channel vs the PTAT tuner.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I received S244 on my hopper today. Looks like I've moved up to the second spooling wave. Before S238, I was always among the last group to get updates...

Got a test in progress on one Hopper with Sling for the Anytime programs. Set one each timer for the four network channels, one OTA channel (non network), and two satellite channels for a total of seven channels to fire off at 07:00am CST. All seven channels are recording as I type. Really awesome. Learning something new all the time. Thanks to all.

Sure do wish that they'd fix the other long past-due issue, the issue of being able to change the update time...

Sure do wish that they'd fix the other long past-due issue, the issue of being able to change the update time...

Agree completely... This is something that really needs to be fixed. I'm just worried that they may not ever change it due to the AutoHop markers, well at least probably not for a long while. They should make to where the nightly updates can at least background download on an available tuner to where you can still watch live tv... Not sure if that's even doable but sounds good in theory right??

Had something odd last night on the old Hopper, not sure on SW version. Went to play Bones from about 4 weeks ago, and it was just a black screen. Tried Continuum right next to it, black screen. Then I realized the next two tiles were Bones and Continuum again, and they played fine. We had bad weather that night, would that have made it do duplicate tiles?

... They should make to where the nightly updates can at least background download on an available tuner to where you can still watch live tv... Not sure if that's even doable but sounds good in theory right??
I believe they do this now. I once saw a tuner in Viewing Status doing a guide update while the other two were receiving programs.

Had something odd last night on the old Hopper, not sure on SW version. Went to play Bones from about 4 weeks ago, and it was just a black screen.
I've seen this happen quite a few times (playback is blank) and no idea what could have caused it. On some events, in the upper part of the DVR screen where it shows the title and description, it would tell me "error 004" with a brief description of what that means. All you could do is delete and try to re-record it...

Wow...244 is a huge improvement over previous versions. Besides all of the features already mentioned on the forum, my two hoppers are now lightning fast. DVR recording icons build almost instantly and everything is much quicker. I really, really like the recall button for returning to your last viewed spot on a recording...saves lots of navigation time. Thanks DISH.
My experience is different. I experienced long pauses in updating the screen when calling up the guide, DVR, etc. the first time. Returning to these screens was as fast as with previous software but I've never considered updates "lightening fast". I will admit updating the icons is a bit faster.

I now have many more icons on my EHD but not a complete set. Some still show generic icons. Also, there are quite a few recordings that just show channel icons.

I noticed a new tile in the menu: Mobile Quick Start. It doesn't actually do anything, just displays some information about using Dish Anywhere and DVR Explorer apps.

Power OFF still broken

The discrete Power OFF IR command still functions as a power toggle. This was broken in S238. Previous versions worked properly.

I've seen this happen quite a few times (playback is blank) and no idea what could have caused it. On some events, in the upper part of the DVR screen where it shows the title and description, it would tell me "error 004" with a brief description of what that means. All you could do is delete and try to re-record it...

Luckily, it did record, just was a second duplicate tile.

DVR playback is included in the channel recall list only if the program is on the internal drive. A program played from the EHD can not be resumed via channel recall.

Wonder if there are any fixes with DVR Explorer app. I have a hard time getting mine to work because it crashes and then won't connect again without resetting the network adapter.

Prior to this update I could not connect either hopper to the explorer app even thought they worked fine with the sling adapters

Now they both work with explorer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)