S418 software for the Original Hopper

In general I like the new update just fine. But besides the problem with the skip forward and skip backward feature I complained about in my previous post, I have another complaint. Not only did this update not cure the audio dropouts on local channels, it actually seems to have made the problem worse---a lot worse. Before this update I only had dropouts occasionally. Now I get them typically once every 10 to 15 seconds. Local channels are nearly unwatchable now.

Have never had audio problems on local channels either on Sat or OTA???

That's news to me. Anyone else heard this ? This is a software change and not changing the s/w version is not very likely on Dish's part. Can you look in the diagnostics menu for previous s/w # and date ?
Yup I have heard of it. Remember they activated PTAT without any software update on the receiver.

So it IS possible.

Hmmm, I guess in both cases, the code is already "in there" (in S418, speaking of the little "S") and they are toggling the feature from "off" to "on". Same applies with PTAT when they did it. Pretty smart ! I wonder how many other features are configurable like that ?

Anyone know if this update added the ability to redeem PPV certificates for on demand titles? I think I read that you could only do it on other receivers.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)