S418 software for the Original Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got S418/S357 on all 4 boxes. Whole Home does not work with a HIC after the update. Hopper/Hopper connectivity is unreliable and mostly doesn't work. I went back to the old setup bridging one Hopper and Whole Home works OK. I reported it to Dish.

The only differences I see are smaller icons in the recordings screens and changes to the search screen.

Update - Hopper/Hopper connection just failed with bridging enabled.

Last edited:
I got S418/S357 on all 4 boxes. Whole Home does not work with a HIC after the update. Hopper/Hopper connectivity is unreliable and mostly doesn't work. I went back to the old setup bridging one Hopper and Whole Home works OK. I reported it to Dish.

The only differences I see are smaller icons in the recordings screens and changes to the search screen.

Update - Hopper/Hopper connection just failed with bridging enabled.

Wow sounds like this is one time I'm glad I'm not the first to get the new software. Reminds me of S213...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I sure hope this fixes the audio dropouts on local channels. Switching to PCM to minimize them each time I watch local channels is getting old.

I like how it has the On Demand within the guide but why only History Channel and the premium movie channels (HBO, Stars Etc)?

From what I'm reading from you, I hope my receivers aren't next on the list!

My stuff usually gets updated the second night after the release. I don't know what happened this time.

The new search feature may be OK. A search for "Jennifer" shows a row of TV shows, a row of movies and a row of actors, but it doesn't easily show tonight's Dave Letterman show that Jennifer Lawrence is a guest on. However adding a few letters of her last name reduces the choices to a viewable number and Dave's show is one of them.

That is really odd that only your system was affected by the update in regards to the HIC, since others aren't having the same problems. Have you tried rebooting your modem/router and rerunning the connection tests?

All is working well here, but I'm not a big fan of the updated DVR listing. It's a "cleaner" looking display, and I think there was a net gain in space for the text area under the icons, but the white text on light gray background is a step backwards in legibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)