S418 software for the Original Hopper

That is really odd that only your system was affected by the update in regards to the HIC, since others aren't having the same problems. Have you tried rebooting your modem/router and rerunning the connection tests?

Several times, with 2 different routers, with and without the HIC. The problem is that after a reset or a network reset one Hopper will see the other Hopper for a minute or so but will not play any recordings and the other Hopper will disappear. The Joeys only show the Hopper they are linked to. The network connections are fine - all 4 boxes have internet connectivity and On Demand works ok either with the HIC or with a bridged Hopper hard wired to the router. The system has been solid prior to this update.

What if you remove the BB connection all together? Then do the boxes all see each other? What if you disable bridging on both of the Hoppers ?

The main problem is that after a network reset the Hoppers will see each other for a minute or 2 and then fail. Selecting the other hopper with the DVR button will show the other Hopper's full drive for a minute or so, then will only show the PTAT, Rentals and Deleted Items folders, then nothing. I've spent most of the day changing routers, running with and without the HIC and trying all kinds of resets. The problem persists, momentary proper functionality, then no Hopper/Hopper visibility.

I like the on demand next to the channel it corresponds with...search feature is ok and the dvr recordings is cleaner but seems smaller...will take a sec to get used to

Anything else anyone has noticed???

The main problem is that after a network reset the Hoppers will see each other for a minute or 2 and then fail. Selecting the other hopper with the DVR button will show the other Hopper's full drive for a minute or so, then will only show the PTAT, Rentals and Deleted Items folders, then nothing. I've spent most of the day changing routers, running with and without the HIC and trying all kinds of resets. The problem persists, momentary proper functionality, then no Hopper/Hopper visibility.

Are you positive all your boxes updated? It almost sounds like a case of mismatched software on the network.

I like the on demand next to the channel it corresponds with...search feature is ok and the dvr recordings is cleaner but seems smaller...will take a sec to get used to

Anything else anyone has noticed???

I believe the tv activity page has changed a bit. On demand and search were changed. Video on demand channels. CEC is there too.

Are you positive all your boxes updated? It almost sounds like a case of mismatched software on the network.
I've always wondered if Dish would update one Hopper in a home and not the other. It seems like it could be asking for trouble if they did not...

I've always wondered if Dish would update one Hopper in a home and not the other. It seems like it could be asking for trouble if they did not...

It's happened to me before almost every time they release a new update. Most of them update at the same time but one usually takes one or two weeks later to update.

Just woke up to this... Of course, I don't want this software but it appears my HwS is on the beta testing list... Going back to sleep, hope the software isn't as bad as it seems according to this thread... We'll find out later today...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Attachments

• image-865880601.jpg
    image-865880601.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 236

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)