S418 software for the Original Hopper

And you're using just a duo node? I'm perplexed since my install sounds similar to yours and it's working fine.

Yes, duo node with a tap in the feed to one Hopper for the HIC. HIC hard wired to the router. Everything else is RG6.

The problem is now more describable. If a network reset is done on either Hopper the other Hopper is visible for about a minute. The other Hoppers drive can be seen fully for about 30 secs, then only the PTAT, Rentals and Deleted Items folders will show, then the other Hopper disappears. After that the MOCA network shows only the Hopper and linked Joeys for that Hopper, but the HIC shows in both of the Hoppers MOCA network. Internet connectivity is good, On Demand works on all 4 boxes.

On the bright side I haven't dropped any local channels from favs lists in the last day.

I don't know if this is new but the sat button turns on both the tv and the Hopper and the tv button turns both boxes off. This works my Hoppers but not the Joeys.

That is the new CEC feature. It works on the Joeys as well. Maybe the TV connected to your Joey doesn't support CEC? Or if you are using an AV switch or something inline it may be causing it to not work, if the TV does support CEC.

Last edited:
I've always wondered if Dish would update one Hopper in a home and not the other. It seems like it could be asking for trouble if they did not...

I only got it on one of two hoppers. They used to update together but since one failed and was replaced it has been s few days behind in getting updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the big picture, there is actually a very small number of houses with 2 Hoppers. We SatelliteGuys are not your normal customer. :D
Trust me, I know.... I laugh when members here are confused about the lack of attention that non-mainstream features, i.e. OTA module, external HDDs, multiple Hopper setups, receive from Dish. I'm sure Dish wants to fix issues related to these things, and will someday, but because of the tiny, tiny number of impacted users, the priority level is knocked down.

I have one "older" Hopper and one HWS. I don't have any problem seeing each Hopper from the other. One other thing I noticed last night is a "black" screen popping up during watching anything recorded, be it PTAT or just pausing a program for a bit. "Live" TV doesn't seem to be affected by this. The sound never seems different, but the black screen is there for just a few milliseconds. Not a huge issue, but pretty annoying.

I don't know if this is new but the sat button turns on both the tv and the Hopper and the tv button turns both boxes off. This works my Hoppers but not the Joeys.

That can be turned on/off in settings -> diagnostics -> hdmi cec

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Btw for the fifteen minutes I was able to check this software out on my HwS this morning, it seemed pretty solid! So far all Hoppers see each other and no Joey linking issues

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

It's off-topic ? Shall we talk about ViP622 s/w updates in this thread too ?

That's like saying talking about Joey software updates in this thread is "off-topic." ViP622? Stop the trolling/pseudo-modding, please.

Btw I have two Hopper 2000s and two Hoppers w/Sling, but I've only messed with one of my HwSs today for fifteen minutes with the new software (damn work.) When I made that first post in this thread there was no HwS S328 thread, but now that there is one I'll pack my things and go there.

This thread is for the original Hopper, not the Sling-equipped version.

Simple, when 1 Hopper gets a software update, the other gets basically the same updated features. And as you can see, there is new software for the HWS.

We have lots of threads that get much furter off topic than this thread.

I just noticed that this update seems to have disabled the expand/collapse feature for the music channels as well as big-10. Unfortunately they are all stuck in the expanded state. "Sirius"ly annoying.

I just noticed that this update seems to have disabled the expand/collapse feature for the music channels as well as big-10. Unfortunately they are all stuck in the expanded state. "Sirius"ly annoying.

Try a red button reboot.

Looks like both of my HwSs got the S326 but only one H2k got S418. The other H2k is always the last one to get updates. Usually takes a week or two to catch up. The good news is that so far there are no compatibility issues with S326, S357 (Joey,) S401 and S418.