S528

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just got home from "clubbing". Got S528 at 12:58am MST. A jump from 525. First off the titles on the CD channels are missing again. The "guide" is still ugly as sin. If this is a "series" of updates to fix things in preparation, things ain't gettin' fixed. Who knows what else is broken. Like it's been said again and again, "they break more than they fix with each roll out". I'm getting really scared about the new Carbon UI. If they can't contain a simple update, what's gonna happen then?!

But then what's Christmas without the disaster surprise? Off to see what . . .

Got 528 on Wednesday I think and Tuesday night my Hopper remote worked all commands for my HDTV(RCA LED55C55R120Q). I go to swap inputs tonight and my remotes were in limited mode which they had previously not been in before. Turned that off and hit the TV mode button, input, and then tried to arrow down to the input I needed and it was a no go. The up/down buttons work for channel changes and in the menu but not for the input button. Not sure if this was due to 528 or maybe it will resolve itself after tonight's reboot.

If not I'll learn the commands back to the hopper remote. Glad it has that function.

I get at least one recording a week that the last 20 minutes or so is cut off and the DVR jumps to the end of the program. Is this a known bug? The program is listed as 1 hour long and the timer line says 1 hour, but it is not.

I noticed I got the S528 and other than whatever it was supposed to fix, add or delete, I was hoping it got rid of that extremely annoying "want to watch this from the beginning?" pop up box. No such luck.

526 and 527 were both target receivers only, not released to all HWS. Not sure on 528 yet...I don't think it was target only..

On Joeys, some may have 397 too..or may still be on 395. Mine are still on 395.

I noticed I got the S528 and other than whatever it was supposed to fix, add or delete, I was hoping it got rid of that extremely annoying "want to watch this from the beginning?" pop up box. No such luck.
That likely is not going away anytime soon. It is a popular feature that is utilized across the industry as of late.

2nd HWS jumped from 525 to 528 as well. The bug that I've had the last few updates is still there - all 4 channels of PTAT programs (sometimes at 8, sometimes at 9) show as 2 recordings - but only one listed inside folder - & after watching I have to delete twice, so they are showing as 2 separate recordings in the system. Happening couple of nights per week. Also still getting duplicate recordings for other shows with "new only" selected.

Beginning to wonder if this really was a "refurbished" (replacement) receiver as the other HWS (which is older) works perfectly.

It was only added recently (maybe been a while but it wasn't an original feature.
Correct. It was added in the 5xx series. I believe 514 or 518... Something around there. When we got the share between hoppers feature...

2nd HWS jumped from 525 to 528 as well. The bug that I've had the last few updates is still there - all 4 channels of PTAT programs (sometimes at 8, sometimes at 9) show as 2 recordings - but only one listed inside folder - & after watching I have to delete twice, so they are showing as 2 separate recordings in the system. Happening couple of nights per week. Also still getting duplicate recordings for other shows with "new only" selected.

Beginning to wonder if this really was a "refurbished" (replacement) receiver as the other HWS (which is older) works perfectly.
I sometimes have the 2 recording issue too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)