S9 Editor question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok guys my brain is shut down today...I upgraded firmware in my Sathawk / S9 to some newer firmware. How to I get my original channel list I saved on my usb into the receiver now? I'm sure the answer is posted somewhere but I couldn't find it easily. Thanks Blind

Sorry guys I'm missing something. I have two 4gb usb's. I have the Sathawk firmware (older) with my channel backup on the 1st USB.
I updated firmware (openbox) on the second USB. I'm trying to get original channel list back into the upgraded firmware. Something I'm doing isn't right because I can upgrade between the two firmwares but I can't seem to import my original channel list. File extension messed up? Who knows...been too long since I last did a firmware upgrade and the mind is old lol....Blind

Menu
Upgrade by USB
Upgrade Mode (select Misc Files)
Select & Upgrade
find the file TP_PROG.dbs
Upgrade
This quote was modified by adding the name of the sat/channels program. If you can not find it, you may have a version of the editor that required you to rename that file. You had to save it, then change the extension, load it in editor, edit whatever in it, save it, renames that extension back to dbs, and you were ready to reload it into your receiver.
If you did not plan to do any editing on the sat/channel list, the filename should be (.dbs) and you should have it somewhere on your USB drive.

Sorry guys I'm missing something. I have two 4gb usb's. I have the Sathawk firmware (older) with my channel backup on the 1st USB.
I updated firmware (openbox) on the second USB. I'm trying to get original channel list back into the upgraded firmware. Something I'm doing isn't right because I can upgrade between the two firmwares but I can't seem to import my original channel list. File extension messed up? Who knows...been too long since I last did a firmware upgrade and the mind is old lol....Blind
Reads to me that your channel/sat program should be on the first USB drive. Can you find TP_PROG.dbs anywhere?

RT.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts