Sadoun 180 cm Prime Focus Dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This dish would be extreme overkill for 119W, unless you are out of the footprint... Do you intend to use this as a subscription dish? If you want to do this, I would advise using the C-120 flanged LNB from a Superdish coupled with the Invacom ADF-120 and Sadoun's LNBF Collar II.

Overkill yes but I am outside the fringe for the Miami spotbeam. I have a Winegard 1M dish which serves it purpose during the spring and summer but every fracking winter the sat loses the lock on the Miami spot beam for about 6 hours durring the day. If I can fix this by going to a larger dish then I will. Also as I understand it E* is going to replace the sat at 119W and I am worried that the new sat will have a more focused beam and I will not be able to pick any signal on the Miami spot. Will the LNB's in the link you posted work with the 180 cm dish and will it work with a dishpro system?

Are you thinking 119W or the C-Band on 118.7?

I am referinrg to 119w for dishnetwork. the Miami locals are on SP15 which shown up on tp 3.

The LNB/feedhorn/adapter I posted will work fine for 119w. You can either look for an abandoned Superdish (people are throwing them away on a regular basis here) or just go on EBay and get the Superdish stacked DBS LNB from there. Sadoun has the LNBF collar for the SD180G, but doesn't seem to carry the Invacom ADF-120 anymore. Perhaps he would know of a seller who does, or you could check EBay. You could try a DishPro LNBF (one of the offset units with the feedhorn built in), but it would not match the prime focus design of the SD180G. That is why I suggest the C-120 Superdish DBS LNB/ADF-120 feedhorn combo.

. You could try a DishPro LNBF (one of the offset units with the feedhorn built in), but it would not match the prime focus design of the SD180G. That is why I suggest the C-120 Superdish DBS LNB/ADF-120 feedhorn combo.

Would a DP LNB work if I remove the plastic housing thatcovers the lnb? that is what I had to do to get the lnb attached to my 1m dish. I am sat amature/newbie and was quite surprised I was able to intergrate the one meter dish into my system bymyself.

I used my Superdish with Miami Locals (subscribed) in Tampa, FL with no problems. I have now moved to Ft Lauderdale. I believe the Miami spot beam( real data) runs across Tampa, Orlando, Cape (northern limit).

Would a DP LNB work if I remove the plastic housing thatcovers the lnb? that is what I had to do to get the lnb attached to my 1m dish. I am sat amature/newbie and was quite surprised I was able to intergrate the one meter dish into my system bymyself.

Removing the plastic wouldn't help... The DP LNBFs (an LNBF is an LNB with the feedhorn integrated, all one piece) are designed for offset dishes (dishes such as regular DirecTV or Dish dishes where the feedhorn is below the dish, and the signal is bounced from the dish reflector down to the feedhorn). The SD180G is a prime focus dish (the feedhorn is directly centered over the dish). That is why the regular Dish LNBFs won't work ideally with the SD180G without using a feedhorn designed to work properly with a prime focus dish (such as the Invacom ADF-120). While the regular DP Dish LNBF would probably work, it would reduce the effective size of the 6 foot dish considerably. That's why its better to use a two piece LNB/feedhorn combo, the flanged DP LNB from a Superdish coupled with the Invacom ADF-120 prime focus feedhorn.

Removing the plastic wouldn't help... The DP LNBFs (an LNBF is an LNB with the feedhorn integrated, all one piece) are designed for offset dishes (dishes such as regular DirecTV or Dish dishes where the feedhorn is below the dish, and the signal is bounced from the dish reflector down to the feedhorn). The SD180G is a prime focus dish (the feedhorn is directly centered over the dish). That is why the regular Dish LNBFs won't work ideally with the SD180G without using a feedhorn designed to work properly with a prime focus dish (such as the Invacom ADF-120). While the regular DP Dish LNBF would probably work, it would reduce the effective size of the 6 foot dish considerably. That's why its better to use a two piece LNB/feedhorn combo, the flanged DP LNB from a Superdish coupled with the Invacom ADF-120 prime focus feedhorn.

So it would be unrealistc to use the LNBF Collar II and a DP LNB. On a 180CM C/Ku Price Focus Dish Antenna.

Attachments

• lnbf-bracket-holder.jpg
    lnbf-bracket-holder.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Dish Pro LNB.JPG
    Dish Pro LNB.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 126
It will likely work, but you will probably have the performance of a smaller dish, such as a 1 meter dish. To get the full performance of the 6 footer, since it is a prime focus dish, you will need to use a separate prime focus feedhorn and flanged DP LNB. The one piece DP LNBFs like the one in your picture have a built-in feedhorn designed for an offset dish.

Trying to use an offset LNB on a prime focus dish wont gain anything. Tried that once. Put a DBS LNB next to the C-Band LNB on my 6 footer for 110 and got a little lower signal than a 20" offset dish got

So its bascily hopeless or would one of the feedhorns I was shown here work for my goal of a Big Ass Dish used soley for dishnetwork 119w. If the particular modle numbers were already given to me I am sorry I missed it. I want to know which of those can be used on a 180cm dish and hook up to my DP34.

Last edited:
The flanged DP LNBs are easy to find... Superdishes are being phased out, so there are plenty of parts out there for cheap or even for free if you look around. The LNBF Collar is available from Sadoun for $15. The only part that seems like it might be a bit hard to locate is the ADF-120. Does someone have a line on a supplier of these? I might be interested in a couple myself, since I have the SD180G...

Tron thanks for all the info I am really itching to get a huge dish so the info you and everyone else has given me has been helpfull.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)