Saints violate NFL Bounty rules, paid bonuses to injure players

Are people purposely ignoring the overwhelming evidence against the Saints players, just because they are players?

The NFL films evidence, the Gregg Williams speech, a signed confession. The even put Dog the "Bounty Hunter" on their payout sheets.

Vilma walked out because they got him dead to rights.

Note that Vilma and his lawyer are still insisting there wasnt even a pay for performance program (others are saying no pay-to-injure), and Scott Fujita himself admitted to contributing to a pool for that... and Greg Williams said he knows he was rolling the dice and someone could have been maimed. Hardly sounds like a guy talking about rewarding someone for a special teams tackle within the 20 or an interception.

Vilma in full on deny mode because his case falls apart otherwise. He's trying to convince people the sky is purple at this point and people don't have to look far to see otherwise.

With none of these guys willing to come to the table or participate in the appeals process suspensions will probably not be reduced.

The NFL has offered to keep the record open for several days to allow the suspended players and the NFLPA to submit in writing anything they want included.... Looks like just another soapbox opportunity if they participate at all. Why even participate if they stand a chance of being contradicted by evidence they don't realize the NFL has.

Busted. Time to pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i doubt goodell would be (insert comment here) enough to pursue this without a good amount of evidence. seriously doubt it! and again was lmao when i heard vilma bit****g about the appeals process which he agreed to like everyone else. :rolleyes:

Goodell would just have to show there is a reason to say what he did. From what we've read there clearly was a pay for performance program and there's proof of bounties in even just the limited evidence we've seen (see PFT's haystack article) and there is no doubt players likely including Vilma lied to NFL security previously. Goodell is defending defamation, not needing to prove beyond a reasonable doubt to a judge or jury justification of the suspensions. Only what has been said about Vilma, and because of the CBA it probably won't even get that far.

Also, Florida is a right to work state, your boss could just let you go,without justifying anything, even if it's just an accusation of stealing. Either way he could turn evidence over to the police and let them decide what to do. The only debate there is if you could collect unemployment for it being without cause or not.

And you are missing my point, about my right to know. But we will leave it there. Because it becomes political after this.

For Adam Schefter, who SAW the evidence yesterday, go on Mike and Mike and say there is not enough evidence for suspension...says alot.

Moving the goalposts... Vilma says there was no bounty program, no pay for performance. I have no interest arguing suspension length, people were punished for what happened... to say nothing happened is idiotic.

Also, there is nothing political... right to work state, they don't have to show you anything, just the door.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

salsadancer7 said:
For Adam Schefter, who SAW the evidence yesterday, go on Mike and Mike and say there is not enough evidence for suspension...says alot.

And Peter King said the evidence was "overwhelming".

Let me know when Schefter stops swinging from Drew Brees' nutsack.

Moving the goalposts... Vilma says there was no bounty program, no pay for performance. I have no interest arguing suspension length, people were punished for what happened... to say nothing happened is idiotic.

Also, there is nothing political... right to work state, they don't have to show you anything, just the door.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

And I have a right to defend and clear of my if accused of theft and sue for defamation of character. This has NOTHING to do with football and we will leave it there.

Going BACK to this topic... I have no doubt there was a pay for performance...EVERY team has had one. But as far as purposely setting up bounties to hurt someone. Based on what I have read, that I do not see.

And Peter King said the evidence was "overwhelming".

Let me know when Schefter stops swinging from Drew Brees' nutsack.

The AMOUNT, the the evidence it's self. He put it in quote marks. Let me know when you have no agenda against Adam Schefter. LOL!

And THIS is what Peter King said in is reporter:

To be fair to the players, there was far, far more evidence of the pay-for-performance claims than the bounty claims. In fact, the Harper claim was the only one the league showed that resulted in a payout to a player for knocking a player out of a game.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...eans.saints.bounties/index.html#ixzz1yFif2ZbX

Last edited:
And I have a right to defend and clear of my if accused of theft and sue for defamation of character. This has NOTHING to do with football and we will leave it there.

Going BACK to this topic... I have no doubt there was a pay for performance...EVERY team has had one. But as far as purposely setting up bounties to hurt someone. Based on what I have read, that I do not see.

Hey it was YOUR example... lol.

Correct...Just like I used YOUR source. So we will leave it there because Florida's right to work laws have nothing to do with issue.

That's the issue entirely, terms of employment. Instead you're starting to back away and go off into suspension length... Which is what both Schefter and King question.

Schefter says Hargrove is going to make a statement at 3pm EST in front of the NFL Offices. I'm split 50/50 on if he's going to accept punishment and put it all behind him (without being contrite) or is going to take the denials to Vilma's level.

Schefter says Hargrove is going to make a statement at 3pm EST in front of the NFL Offices. I'm split 50/50 on if he's going to accept punishment and put it all behind him (without being contrite) or is going to take the denials to Vilma's level.

remember, its not a lie........ if you believe it ;)

I guess what I keep coming back to, and correct me if I am wrong, that the Saints were warned to cut that stuff out the year or so before. They didn't it would seem to me and what little evidence I have seen from the media. That alone leaves little sympathy for the players, coaches, and staff in my opinion. They played with fire and are getting burnt.

I guess what I keep coming back to, and correct me if I am wrong, that the Saints were warned to cut that stuff out the year or so before. They didn't it would seem to me and what little evidence I have seen from the media. That alone leaves little sympathy for the players, coaches, and staff in my opinion. They played with fire and are getting burnt.

Great point. But wouldn't the players, for the most part...go according to the coaches.

I don't know the answer to that. The question for me would be; Who was told what? When were they told? How did it filter down to the players? To a large degree I think the suspensions are to strong but this will be one way to put EVERY player and staff member on notice.

I don't know the answer to that. The question for me would be; Who was told what? When were they told? How did it filter down to the players? To a large degree I think the suspensions are to strong but this will be one way to put EVERY player and staff member on notice.

Make sense. Like you said, to me it had MORE to do with the Saints coaching staff being told NOT to do this...and they did anyway. So to me, it falls more on the coaches than the players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)