Salvaged TX/RX dish mod for RX only

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I'm going to pick up a fiberglass dish from a defunct car rental location. It appears to be a Prodelin 1.2M with a NPRM. I'm not certain but I think this dish was used for credit card transactions. It has one of those large heat sink boxes on it so I'm assuming it has a transmitter. My question is this. Can I put a Dual Standard LNBF (Sadoun KUL2) on this type of dish? Would it be hard to install a standard 40mm LNBF clamp or conduit hanger? I'm guessing it's just a matter of finding out where the focal point is, right?

Thanks Guys.

It would probably be good if you posted a photo of the feedhorn/LNB setup, if it still has one. You might be able to use the RX part.

If there's a feedhorn, that could guide you where to put the Sadoun LNBF.

For an example, I did this on a 1.8m Prodelin. That LNBF is designed for a prime focus dish. But, it works fine. One designed for an offset would most likely perform even better.

We love creativity here. Feel free to experiment.

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 219
For an example, I did this on a 1.8m Prodelin. That LNBF is designed for a prime focus dish. But, it works fine. One designed for an offset would most likely perform even better.

We love creativity here. Feel free to experiment.
Is that dual-outputs on C-band? What kind is it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)