Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I'm going to pick up a fiberglass dish from a defunct car rental location. It appears to be a Prodelin 1.2M with a NPRM. I'm not certain but I think this dish was used for credit card transactions. It has one of those large heat sink boxes on it so I'm assuming it has a transmitter. My question is this. Can I put a Dual Standard LNBF (Sadoun KUL2) on this type of dish? Would it be hard to install a standard 40mm LNBF clamp or conduit hanger? I'm guessing it's just a matter of finding out where the focal point is, right?

Thanks Guys.

It would probably be good if you posted a photo of the feedhorn/LNB setup, if it still has one. You might be able to use the RX part.

If there's a feedhorn, that could guide you where to put the Sadoun LNBF.

For an example, I did this on a 1.8m Prodelin. That LNBF is designed for a prime focus dish. But, it works fine. One designed for an offset would most likely perform even better.

We love creativity here. Feel free to experiment.

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 219
For an example, I did this on a 1.8m Prodelin. That LNBF is designed for a prime focus dish. But, it works fine. One designed for an offset would most likely perform even better.

We love creativity here. Feel free to experiment.
Is that dual-outputs on C-band? What kind is it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)