SAMI Satellite dishs , gone out of Business,dammmmm

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Had a 8 foot mesh SAMI for years, worked great even with hail damage and the kids used to sit in it when they were little (wasn't told this years until later though) Wife talked me into taking it down, and sold off for parts. Hindsight 20/20 wish I still had it, had an American flag in center, think that said a lot about SAMI.

Thanks for making a quality American product even if the lamers didn't care.

Nonsense and conspiracy therory!

C-band dish and parts are available at prices that are lower than ever! Interest in C-band appears to be on the increase. Inexpensive panel dishes are cents on the dollar compared to 10 - 15 years ago. Many sources for mid-level dishes. Have you ever checked out the Anderson dishes out of Idaho? Great product a reasonable prices and several levels of products.

Why would Sami leave the satellite business? There is a decreasing demand in their consumer market. Just ask around this site and you will get a sense of what is going on with their market. Who has purchased a new dish in the last year? Who has harvested a free (or near to it) used dish? Who purchased an inexpensive basic imported panel dish?

Who purchased a new Sami?

I moved a couple of months ago and unfortunately I had to part ways with my 12 footer, but I managed to get a new 10' so they are still out there.

pau said:
I moved a couple of months ago and unfortunately I had to part ways with my 12 footer, but I managed to get a new 10' so they are still out there.

Thanks for supporting my assertion.

One hobbyist has bought a new high quality c-band dish in the past 4 months! LOL!!!!

A big part of the FTA hobby for me and I'm sure a lot of other folks is finding an unused dish and bringing it home and back to use. I'm a hands on guy and enjoyed refurbing my big C-Band dish. I'm looking forward to another dish I've aquired. But that said , I've been to Anderson's web site and drooled all over my keyboard. They make some NICE dishes!! People sometimes mention the price they paid back when C-Band was big, to get their system. OMG you could buy a car back then for that. Imagine the kind of dish you could setup for $25,000 today. They sure didn't have no 69.95 specials back then. I would say professional purchases for C-band stuff is more money than Hobbiest spending.

Magic Static said:
People sometimes mention the price they paid back when C-Band was big, to get their system. OMG you could buy a car back then for that. Imagine the kind of dish you could setup for $25,000 today. They sure didn't have no 69.95 specials back then.

Charlie would not have had enough money to finance Echostar and launch Dish had he been selling $69 dishes...... He might still be riding around on his motorcycle pulling a crumpled foil thin demo dish. LOL!!!

SAMI manufacturing

I happened to be in Judsonia, Arkansas last year. I passed a building that had several new dishes in front of it. I stopped and visited, it was the SAMI manufracturing company. They were finishing up on an order to south america. It was the last order they were going to fill before they went out of business.

I'm now living in Florida, there are BUD's everywhere around here, free for the asking. I moved a 7 1/2' yesterday, land owner helped me dig the pole up and help me load. Toonses

Last edited:
I too hated to see SAMI go out of business. I'm in Florida and have no idea when a hurricane will
wipe me out. Yes I will try to put it in the garage.
I am probably wrong but when push comes to shove can't we get dishes from China????

In speaking with Mike Kohl a few weeks ago at the Manhattan - Digital NRB booth, expect to see an announcement of several of the dish models to be manufactured again. Not sure if they also bought the Sami branding.

Many details to be worked out, but we plan to be a reseller.

In speaking with Mike Kohl a few weeks ago at the Manhattan - Digital NRB booth, expect to see an announcement of several of the dish models to be manufactured again. Not sure if they also bought the Sami branding.

That sounds great and it sure looks like another great giveaway coming up! :D

If it weren't for the pictures posted here on this forum, I don't think I would have gotten around to installing my first C-band dish a couple months ago - the 6' WSI bargain dish (the piece of paper with the exploded diagram did not help with the assembly except for determining what nuts/bolts were missing.) It was nice getting a couple HD channels (CBC, Reelz, eScapes, NASA, NHK World) but the whole bargain dish setup seems flimsy.

Now I have been looking to upgrade and I haven't had any luck as of late with Craigslist or Freecycle.

Has there been any updates or development to this:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)