Samsung BD-P1400 Handshake Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I tried searching the forums but didn't find anything so figured I'd ask. I'm having trouble with a Samsung BD-P1400 I just purchased today. I upgraded the firmware and the audio and discs play with no problem (Including LFODH) but I keep having HDMI Handshake issues where the audio/video drop out during the film. it happened twice during Spiderman 3 and once during Usual Suspects (which is encoded for profile 1.0 with no java at all). I have the player hooked to an Onkyo 605 and the Onkyo 605 hooked to the tv. Is there any way to fix this? I'd rather keep this player as it cost me about $200 less then the next best (Pan BD-30K) but if I cannot find a solution to the dropouts I'll have no choice. If someone can help I'd appreciate it.

what happens when you bypass the 605? What is the order you are turning things on?

+1

Try running video straight to the tv and see what happens.

My old plasma used to have handshake issues with a comcast box and it was quite annoying, so I cant imagine it during a movie :mad:

The problem is that it isn't just the tv but also the receiver. It's repeated on both which leads me to think its the player. I read a few threads on other boards that it happened but noone ever had an answer, and from talking to samsung the last fifteen minutes neither do they.

Thats what I think we are both saying.

If you bypass the rcvr with hdmi to the tv and its fine, you know its the player/rcvr issue.

Unless Im understanding what you mean. Have you tried the player directly to the tv? I saw your post on Blu-ray.com, you may also read the 1400 review thread and see if anyone else has had this.

I read the entire thread there... one person had the same problem but then said he returned it for the BD-30K which is what i may end up doing if it happens again. I have it hooked up to tv now as I played ice age for my daughter... it happened again direct to tv with audio through optical.

I read the entire thread there... one person had the same problem but then said he returned it for the BD-30K which is what i may end up doing if it happens again. I have it hooked up to tv now as I played ice age for my daughter... it happened again direct to tv with audio through optical.

Man that sucks. Did you lose audio and video, or just one?

I wonder what the hell Samsungs issues are lately. Why cant they get a player out without issues?

I really wanted the 1200 or 1400, but reading threads like this steered me to the BD30.

If it's doing it when directly connected to the TV and you've never had the problem before (sounds like this is the only thing) then I wouldn't waste anymore time and return the 1400. Some people have great success with them, I personally tried 2 of them and gave up to numerous issues.

I lose audio via HDMI but not optical. Like I said this is two cables so I'm greatly disappointed especially since I was amazed at how easy it was to get the 1400 upgraded (firmware) and the improvement in picture and audio over my S300. Oh well time to get the panny I did't wanna spend for... gues I shouldn't be cheap

I lose audio via HDMI but not optical. Like I said this is two cables so I'm greatly disappointed especially since I was amazed at how easy it was to get the 1400 upgraded (firmware) and the improvement in picture and audio over my S300. Oh well time to get the panny I did't wanna spend for... gues I shouldn't be cheap

I would not say that, the 1400 is not cheap, Samsung has just done a piss poor job.

My wife bought me this player for Christmas. I hooked it up Christmas morning downloaded the latest firmware and started to watch a movie and the audio and picture would drop so I tried a second disc and the same thing happened. I ended up returning the player the next day for another bd-p1400 and I have had no problems with my new one, I think I just got a dud the first time.