Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
So I bought a 40 inch LED Samsung Smart tv last night and online it says it's Directv ready. When I went to Paul's TV the guy had no idea of what that means. I'm wondering if it eliminates the mini genie then will they still charge me for it since the TV is Directv ready? Picking up the TV on Monday so wondering what needs to be done to enable that feature ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I bought a 40 inch LED Samsung Smart tv last night and online it says it's DirecTV ready. When I went to Paul's TV the guy had no idea of what that means. I'm wondering if it eliminates the mini genie then will they still charge me for it since the TV is Directv ready? Picking up the TV on Monday so wondering what needs to be done to enable that feature ?

You'll need a Genie.

Genies are the only DirecTV STBs that work with RVU equipped televisions.

You'll need a Genie.

Genies are the only DirecTV STBs that work with RVU equipped televisions.
Yep forgot to mention that you are stuck using a genie as your main receiver to utilize the dtv ready source. Also it needs to function as a secondary tv. So if it's your only tv there's no point in using rvu.

Hey Kitty,
Whats gonna happen when you have a RVU TV that your using ....you know how the typical recvr goes bad from time to time, what happens when the RVU D* unit doesn't work, do you reboot it like a typical recvr ?
You can't just replace the recvr if your having other issues, have they thought that plan thru if you know ?

Restarting the unit is just turning the tv off then on. Since a rvu TV is "customer owned" any issues are to be covered under the manufacturers warranty. . Or any service plan you purchase. Basically directv doesn't provide support past the rg6 and be deca.

If you have protection plan premier then we will send the tv to servicing or replace it if need be.

Restarting the unit is just turning the tv off then on. Since a rvu TV is "customer owned" any issues are to be covered under the manufacturers warranty. . Or any service plan you purchase. Basically directv doesn't provide support past the rg6 and be deca.

If you have protection plan premier then we will send the tv to servicing or replace it if need be.
Thats interesting, I would think they would try if you had serious issues, get around it by giving them a recvr that would hook up to the TV the normal way .... that would always be a fall back I guess.

I always wondered if you had the bbdeca already would they just add it and that's it. No truck roll required.
Yea... good luck with that... I suppose they might. I have had a service call for one of these setup wrong... unfortunately I had to cancel it and force an upgrade to be built. So idk whether or not they would try this.

Sounds like crap to me, I would want a TV with a real built in DirecTV receiver that can be connected directly to the dish. Just like a CableCard TV can be connected directly to the cable line.

Sounds like crap to me, I would want a TV with a real built in DirecTV receiver that can be connected directly to the dish. Just like a CableCard TV can be connected directly to the cable line.
Haven't made these in years.... they also only picked up 101 110 and 119.

I also personally feel that rvu is a better technology as multiple manufacturers can adopt it if they choose. However if a receiver were to be integrated hardware wise it would be manufacturer and model specific.

We charge 49.00 to "install and activate the rvu tv" so yea.. basically it's just paying for the bbdeca. Self install of rvu is not authorized as of yet.

If I still have to pay a $6.00 leasing fee a month and $49 install fee then I'll just keep the client. I could see paying 6.00 a month if I was leading the box but if the box isn't there then that fee shouldn't be charged.

All that money spent for what just so you can see the difference, which you probably won't
then probably return it and say it didn't look no different then the 1080p HD or 720p.

I feel like the built in RVU feature on my samsung smartv is total garbage, its slow, it lags at times, it just sucks to be honest...the audio goes out of sync, its directly connected to my internet.

I plan on getting the DirecTV mini genie wireless this month...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)