Samsung Omnia Verizon

hhhmm, i havnt had any issues

but i dont run samsung today, i have spb mobile shell atm, untill my favorite point ui plugin is fixed to work with thier latest release.

i have issues with the gps when i cant get a good signal, but most of the time i can get at least 4 sats so im within 20 meters. dont forget to go into settings and set gps to on
I finally found the GPS settings in the PHONE and not the WinMo settings. Took me forever to figure that out. DOH!

Got it working with 4 sats, and dead-on accurate. It said within 80m but it was right where my house is.

WHat software are you using - just google maps?

atm ive got igo installed testing it, will test garmin xt sooner or later, but i am liking igo

Cool, report your findings. :)

I will admit that I am liking the new rom more than I initially thought (not really because of the gps), but because of a few newfeatures. I like the easy settings a lot. Much simpler.

And I have been playing with the SPB Mobile shell; might try v3 again.

so far im liking igo, it even has your contacts in the poi part, if you have an address added for them

the maps are based on each state, the garmin xt i have has 1 map @ 1gig, after 30 min of copying i canceled it, will get back to it sooner or later

ok, heres a quick synopsis
both are great programs, but heres a little difference

both work with contact list

igo - more customization for route (fast/short, types of roads to avoid)
- only imports contacts with address, will put business and home both in
- faster recalculation

garmin - more info on screen (speed limit, next turn street name)
- only 1 address per contact
- web integration for traffic, gas prices, weather, ect

Cool.

Sounds like garmin is using the same maps as on their dedicated devices.

I like the web integration.

But both sound really interesting, and for travel, they sound very useful. More so than lugging around a car gps on business trips.

the maps for garmin can be updated,changed, added with thier mapsource program, i think its the same one that thier other units use

the igo maps can also be updated

im actually having trouble decinding which one i prefer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts