Samsung Omnia Verizon

Update to the rom. The stuff on PPC Geeks is hard to brick phones with. SRSLY.

Ler this one is a tad different, trust me! their was days (until I found the mighty rom :p) where I would flash a couple different roms on my htc's but for some reason, this omnia is finicky to flash.....makes me miss my touch pro.

Does AT&T carry a Samsung model that is equivalent or similar to the Omnia?

I currently have AT&T and do not want to change my current plan. I have an old Pac Bell plan which I pay $30/month for two phones. I already checked with AT&T and they can add any PDA phone for an additional $30 per phone without me having to change my plan. That means I would pay $45/month for one phone, with a plan that most pay over $90/month per phone.

I am looking at something similar to this. I want WM6.1 so I can use my Hava and Sling.

Last edited:
update. omnia hd is rumored to be coming in july

and the saga just got its rom upgrade

hopefully the omnia is next

Well, I was about to do the upgrade, and saw that it would only work with Vista x32, and not x64. Figures. :rolleyes:

I guess I need to install the WinMobile stuff on my old XP machine first. Irritating.

Well, I was about to do the upgrade, and saw that it would only work with Vista x32, and not x64. Figures. :rolleyes:

I guess I need to install the WinMobile stuff on my old XP machine first. Irritating.

some guys over at samsung-omnia.org said it worked on x64 vista

some guys over at samsung-omnia.org said it worked on x64 vista

I tried. Downloaded the update, backedup my data, and when I ran it it said Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 was not installed (it is), and it aborted. I am guessing it is looking for it in a specific location, i.e., program files, and not in program files (x86), and thus won't run.

Oh well. :)

Well, I used my 32-bit laptop, and was able to get the pmnia updated; but now the pain of reconstructing my old settings. Even with having everything backed up, I still need to do re-installs. THe gps is now unlocked, but does not appear to be super accurate; oh it knows I am in Normal, IL, but is off by about a 1/4 mile or more.

Not sure this was worth it. Given the hour or so I will need to spend getting it back.

Did I say hour? I should have said two hours. Still underwhelmed. And now stuff like the Samsung Today plugin, which worked perfectly before, doesn't function properly. Irritating.

hhhmm, i havnt had any issues

but i dont run samsung today, i have spb mobile shell atm, untill my favorite point ui plugin is fixed to work with thier latest release.

i have issues with the gps when i cant get a good signal, but most of the time i can get at least 4 sats so im within 20 meters. dont forget to go into settings and set gps to on

hhhmm, i havnt had any issues

but i dont run samsung today, i have spb mobile shell atm, untill my favorite point ui plugin is fixed to work with thier latest release.

i have issues with the gps when i cant get a good signal, but most of the time i can get at least 4 sats so im within 20 meters. dont forget to go into settings and set gps to on

I just hate having to reinstall everything. There WMDC has no real backup/restore function. Palm OS allowed to restore a device, with WinMob I had to create a new sync partnership and then get the data back that way, and manually copy files - and reinstall stuff as well. Its my biggest irritant.

And I don't like the new volume control; I do like the new quick settings. I use SPB Mobile Shell 2.0; I own 3.0, but hated it, and went back to 2.0 a while back.

I just hate having to reinstall everything. There WMDC has no real backup/restore function. Palm OS allowed to restore a device, with WinMob I had to create a new sync partnership and then get the data back that way, and manually copy files - and reinstall stuff as well. Its my biggest irritant.

And I don't like the new volume control; I do like the new quick settings. I use SPB Mobile Shell 2.0; I own 3.0, but hated it, and went back to 2.0 a while back.

did you try spb backup. i read it has will restore all for you, even has a firmware upate setting to retore after a flash

i dont have alot installed yet so it didnt take me long
i actually prefer 3 over 2

oh yeah, i almost forget, for vulume i use the spb profile thing on the professional home page, i prefer it over the lifestyle one

did you try spb backup. i read it has will restore all for you, even has a firmware upate setting to retore after a flash

i dont have alot installed yet so it didnt take me long
i actually prefer 3 over 2

Thanks. I'll probably get it. But I doubt it can help me for this past round.

I didn't like the revolving screens on 3; and just like the program choices on 2.

Of course all of my customized favorites disappeared on the reinstall, and I can't figure out where they went to to restore. :)

i dont use the revolving screens, i keep it on the pro screen, access everything from the hot buttons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)