Samsung SIR TS-360 Upgrade!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cr0mag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 22, 2004
New Orleans, LA
I just noticed that my Sammy 360 got a s/w upgrade to version 1.2.35 from 1.2.16. The upgrade happend around 3:00 am on 07/13/05.

Does anyone know what this upgrade is supposed to do/change/fix? We all have read about the issues folks have had w/ that stb and I'm wondering if someone is finally trying to correct the probs.

Have any of the other HD STB boxes recieved upgrades recently? If so, what issues were addressed by the s/w upgrade? :confused:

Last weekend I was told by a retailer that instead of replacing every HD box in existance, D* was going to impliment a software upgrade allowing old boxes to decode MPEG4. I wonder if this could be related.

MPEG4 will require a hardware modification according to the schematics, not just a software or firmware flash.

wish they would upgrade my 160 with TNTHD
no more NASCAR in HD..........that just ain't right!

cr0mag said:
I just noticed that my Sammy 360 got a s/w upgrade to version 1.2.35 from 1.2.16. The upgrade happend around 3:00 am on 07/13/05.

Does anyone know what this upgrade is supposed to do/change/fix? We all have read about the issues folks have had w/ that stb and I'm wondering if someone is finally trying to correct the probs.

Have any of the other HD STB boxes recieved upgrades recently? If so, what issues were addressed by the s/w upgrade? :confused:

I just checked my two 360's and they both got the software on the 13th. Been so long since the last upgrade, I thought D* had forgotten about them.

Still can't see what changed, if anything.

My OTA digital channels would drop out of the guide for no apparent reason. We'll see if that continues.

I 'm honestly thinking about not watching any races in analog anymore .....it looks terrible.........I want my TNTHD ...........D*

So PO'd about TNTHD I emailed them today and got this:

Thanks for writing. While DIRECTV doesn't have an agreement with TNT HD right now, we are in discussions with them and we hope to add TNT HD to our lineup soon. I don't have a date to give you yet, but stay tuned to DIRECTV.com/HDTV for the latest news and announcements as they become available.

I understand how important HDTV programming is to you. DIRECTV is committed to providing the best in HDTV programming and we're in constant discussions with program providers to continue adding new channels and programming.

Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to DIRECTV.com/HDTV for the latest news and announcements as they become available.

Sincerely,

Marion
DIRECTV Customer Service

Think I got the same one over a year ago. So the way I see it, D* could put 50 satellites in the sky mpeg4 or whatever but without an "agreement" no TNTHD

Well, it's been a few days, and I still haven't seen any real difference since the new s/w upgrade. Anyone find anything that would warrant a change in s/w? (besides the obvious lack of TNT-HD?....{couldn't help myself}).

cr0mag said:
Well, it's been a few days, and I still haven't seen any real difference since the new s/w upgrade. Anyone find anything that would warrant a change in s/w? (besides the obvious lack of TNT-HD?....{couldn't help myself}).

I have looked over the menu and don't see anything new. It was last October since the last time my Sammys were upgraded. The thing they still haven't fixed is inconsistent guide data on HD/OTA channels. I get guide data for the ABC HD channel but not from the others. The analog channels all have guide data.

MichaelG said:
I have looked over the menu and don't see anything new. It was last October since the last time my Sammys were upgraded. The thing they still haven't fixed is inconsistent guide data on HD/OTA channels. I get guide data for the ABC HD channel but not from the others. The analog channels all have guide data.

Did you input your Zip code in the setup menu ? for the guide data to work.

hdtvtechno said:
Did you input your Zip code in the setup menu ? for the guide data to work.

yes and just about everything else.

I use a Squareshooter 1000 for local OTA and am about 8 miles from the antenna farm. Here in the Houston area, all of the local stations have their HD antennas in once place. I get 100% on all of the locals.

For example I get the guide data for the analog channel of the ABC affiliate but not for the digital version of the same channel. Both versions of the same ABC channel come over the Squareshooter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)